Wiring help

• Curt

Hello. Question. I am running dedicated power for my graphs (Hbird Helix, 2 10’s and a 12). Would 10 gauge wire be ok or should I use 8 gauge? Bigger graph shuts off when starting big motor after awhile on the water. Also installing 3 prong lighted switch. I know to run the positive to the switch, then to fuse block, but do I run neg to switch as well or direct from battery to fuse block only? Not sure why this is throwing me for a loop but it is. Thanks so much for any guidance, much appreciated.

Attachments:
    1. 0.jpg

tsamp
    eldora, iowa

Battery ground to fuse block ground

Reef W

10ga seems sufficient unless it’s pretty long but thicker never hurts.

Battery negative would go to negative bus on fuse block and that would connect to switch and graphs I believe, doesn’t go to switch first.

Attachments:
    1. Screenshot_20230429_145334_Firefox.jpg

2. DC_wire_selection_chartlg-scaled.jpg

Tlazer

Not sure if this post will be deleted, since my other post was deleted but here it goes. I take it your switch is for master power to the dedicated fuse block for your electronics, and then you will go from individual fuses on the fuse block to each graph. If this is correct then yes I would use at least 10ga wire but wouldn’t hurt to use 8 ga wire (in case you added any additional components like Livescope, etc… in the future) to the switch and from the switch to the fuse block. I would run the neg directly to the fuse block and run a separate wire to the switch. The neg wire to the switch is only needed for the switch to light up, so you could use like a 12-14ga wire to the negative post on the switch.

Curt

Thanks everyone for taking your time to assist me. Truly appreciate it.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.