Winona lake

• Gabe Kuettner
    wabasha mn

Just wondering if anyone here has experience on this body of water.Both open and hard water thanks a lot
    GRK

Dan
    Southeast MN

Gabe I don’t have any info for you but I’d also like to know more about it. I have a brother going to Winona State and I keep bugging him to get me some intel on the lake. If I get any word on it I’ll let you know, and if you get a report let me know.

Art

Lot of sunfish and crappies. Most small but there are some decent ones if you work for them. Not a bass fisherman but seem to be a lot. Walleyes, some but don’t a lot. Fun lake to fish if you just want to go out and enjoy a day. Lake was dredged and there are some amazing drop offs. Can drop 20 ft.straight down.

Dan
    Southeast MN

I’ve only seen the lake a few times so I can’t even remember if you could boat it. Anyone know any shore fishing areas that are better than others, or if they have a dock?

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

Prairie Island has more to offer really, at least during the open water season. On ice the Winona lake offer fun ice fishing as does the airport lake at times. Blackbird slough offers good ice fishing too when the ice is solid….just further up the road from Prairie Island campground.

Gabe Kuettner
    wabasha mn

I’ve only seen the lake a few times so I can’t even remember if you could boat it. Anyone know any shore fishing areas that are better than others, or if they have a dock?

There are a bunch of launches I’ve seen

munchy
    NULL

The lake gets dredged (and is currently being dredged) quite often. There are some crazy steep drop offs, points, and sunken islands. Bass fishing is decent, nothing spectacular, but a random big one will show up occasionally.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.