What’s your favorite way to fish walleyes on Bago?

• axl
    Menasha, Wisconsin

There seems to be a lot of people that use different methods to put walleyes in the livewell. I am just wondering, what is your favorite method for catching a few. It might be through the ice, or from a boat, or from shore. Please list your method here, and let’s see, what is the most common way out on this walleye factory. I personally like to troll early in June, and then we switch to drifting or jigging with crawlers and leeches. I generally stay away from slip bobbers, unless we have to go that route. you get the point, just let us know what you do out there.

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

It’s been a couple years since I’ve been on Winnebago and I can’t say I know the lake well at all but in the area I fished, I seemed to have my best luck with drifting live bait. I have caught some eyes trolling too but I got more on live bait drifting a jig……… an orange jig. Any other color……. no good.

Do you do any night fishing on ‘bago or is the water too cloudy to be real productive?

alans
    Waterford, WI

I’ve caught some eyes on accident while bass fishing. I would normally catch them on a crankbait casting toward shore. Usually would be a rip shore of some type.

John Schultz
    Inactive
    Portage, WI

I grew up in the Oshkosh area and fished Bago hard growing up. Only make it up there a couple times a year now. Best things for me are trolling the reefs until late June, then trolling the mud till fall. Have done well at times with lindy rigs along the edges of the reefs. Always manage to pick up a few eyes after dark pitching jigs or casting cranks on the rocky points along the west shore. Especially if it’s an east wind. 90% of the time, I troll though.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.