Willow Cats For Sale MN/WI

• Dan

Just wondering if anyone knows of any place in MN or WI that sells Willow cats. I’ve seen many different posts about them not being legal, but also posts about them being legal! If anyone knows places for Willow cats, bullheads, or mudpuppies please let me know!!! Been really struggling to find anything.

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

I know Vados bait in Spring Lake Park MN had bullheads a couple years ago.

Reef W

Check 4 Season Sport Shop in Red Wing.

JasonP
    Twin Cities

this was posted on wastebook last month…

Attachments:
    1. Capture.png

Dan

Just called and unfortunately it’s not looking like they have any… BUT! Shokapee Fishing and Firearms sells yellow bullheads! Now I just need to find out if Willow cats are legal to sell or buy…

Dan

They are out of bullheads unfortunately

tomr
    cottage grove, mn

Last year fished some of the pools from La Crosse to Pool 4 and had a lot of fun. The bait shops down past pool 4 on Wisconsin side all seemed to have and sell willow cats. First time I have used them and they seemed to work well. They make a plastic bait with willow cat smell infused you can buy online and bait store I think vados sell them. I have tried them and and not sure if they work or not. Don’t have a lot of confidence in them so have not used much. If you want willow cats think you will have to drive a bit to get. Check Everts resort sometimes they have them and are a lot closer.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

We spend a hour before cat fishing catching a bucket of bull heads. Small hook and pinched off fat head. I can catch 50 in a hour

ganderpike
    Alexandria

We spend a hour before cat fishing catching a bucket of bull heads. Small hook and pinched off fat head. I can catch 50 in a hour

In the same area you catfish? Or some sort of culvert with bullhead ms nearby?

milemark_714

Last year fished some of the pools from La Crosse to Pool 4 and had a lot of fun. The bait shops down past pool 4 on Wisconsin side all seemed to have and sell willow cats. First time I have used them and they seemed to work well. They make a plastic bait with willow cat smell infused you can buy online and bait store I think vados sell them. I have tried them and and not sure if they work or not. Don’t have a lot of confidence in them so have not used much. If you want willow cats think you will have to drive a bit to get. Check Everts resort sometimes they have them and are a lot closer.

I tried those plastic willowcats,and they are a very good smallmouth bait.Also got some super-sized sheephead.No walleye,the bass beat them to it.
    It may be out of your way,but Fat Cat Tackle in Trempealeau has willowcats and seems to be the best price around.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.