Wild 2015-16

• Hoyt4
    NULL

Clean hit on zucker just was a smaller guy. He should not get fined or any game. Zucker got caught with his head down his speed worked against him on that play.

gary d
    cordova,il

I think if he would not of raise his elbow it would of been a clean hit, but he raise his elbow in a upward motion. That is the part of the act that he did. He did hit a smaller man which is a bad dill for the small man.
    Maybe we will meet in the playoffs again.
    All and all for me it was a bad game. Go Blackhawks!!!!

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

It’s not a clean hit period. I’m not saying it was a dirty hit, but height difference and speed means nothing. You cannot make the head the point of contact, intentionally or not.

gary d
    cordova,il

It’s not a clean hit period. I’m not saying it was a dirty hit, but height difference and speed means nothing. You cannot make the head the point of contact, intentionally or not.

Well than in a fight the point of contact is the head. lol. I still think if he would not of raise his elbow to the head. It would of been a open ice hit and the talk would of been forgotten as the game went on.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

It’s possible. In real time on TV I didn’t see him get hit on the head. To me it just looked like he ran into a wall,

CaptainMusky

Clean hit on zucker just was a smaller guy. He should not get fined or any game. Zucker got caught with his head down his speed worked against him on that play.

That’s exactly how I see it as well. In the pic I posted you cannot see where his elbow is in relation to his head. It appears his head is resting on his shoulder like it was a pillow.
    Maybe I should watch the video again, but I know when I watched it live and the replay during the game my reaction was that is wasn’t a bad hit it just caught Zucker in a bad way. He has a history of concussions so that isn’t good.
    I guess if he is suspended or fined I wont stage a protest or anything…

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

Shoulder or elbow, doesn’t matter. If the main point of contact is the head, it’s a suspendable hit. Not to mention that the actual call was interference.

gary d
    cordova,il

I guess I did say the word head in last comment. I still stand by my writing that he raised his elbow and that was the act that should of not happen. Oh well!!! Maybe we will see you guys in the play-offs. We will be better!!!!

grin Go Blackhawks grin

Hoyt4
    NULL

He did not target the head. Really stinks is that Zucker has the previous concussions. The Cory Perry hit was a lot worse than this one on Zucker. Hoping it looked a lot worse then it was.

See what happens today after a few more test.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

This is way more commentary then needed, but I will leave it with it it’s kind of like high sticking. Doesn’t really matter if you target the head, you are responsible for where you hit another player.

Hoyt4
    NULL

At least for now NHL has stated Rozsival will not face any fine or miss any games.

Fluffchucker
    NW Wisconsin

That Stadium Series game was a lot of fun, I thought. I didn’t have any complaints about our seats at all. We’re on-the-glass season ticket holders, and were told by our ticket rep that we’d want to be mid-ice on the 2nd level. So we bought 4 tickets on the 2nd level, row 1 and had an absolute blast. I thought the sight lines, while a bit further away than I would have liked, were pretty good. It was pretty easy to follow the puck from where we were.

Was it worth the near $300/ticket…. probably not. Would I pay for them again…. definitely. I hope they are given some future outdoor games.

Perhaps I feel that way because of the way we absolutely thumped Chicago. That always makes me feel better about the price of admission. )

After nearly a month of a half of dismal play, it is fun to see the Wild back to top form. Hopefully this isn’t just a freak accident and they can keep it up through the rest of the season.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

I shouldn’t have said it was a dirty hit. I don’t think it had any ill intent but I do believe he made a mistake by hitting him in the head.

Overall the interference call is pretty iffy due to the bouncing puck that went right by Zucker. The contact to the head should’ve still been avoided.

CaptainMusky

That Stadium Series game was a lot of fun, I thought. I didn’t have any complaints about our seats at all. We’re on-the-glass season ticket holders, and were told by our ticket rep that we’d want to be mid-ice on the 2nd level. So we bought 4 tickets on the 2nd level, row 1 and had an absolute blast. I thought the sight lines, while a bit further away than I would have liked, were pretty good. It was pretty easy to follow the puck from where we were.

Was it worth the near $300/ticket…. probably not. Would I pay for them again…. definitely. I hope they are given some future outdoor games.

Perhaps I feel that way because of the way we absolutely thumped Chicago. That always makes me feel better about the price of admission. )

After nearly a month of a half of dismal play, it is fun to see the Wild back to top form. Hopefully this isn’t just a freak accident and they can keep it up through the rest of the season.

It looked like a great atmosphere. After watching the proceedings on TV, I wished I had gotten tickets and went. It looked far more fun than I thought it would be. Definitely looked like a ton of fans in there. They discussed 52,000, not sure if it hit that mark, but sure looked full from the angles I saw on TV.

JoeMX1825
    MN

I believe the paid attendance was something like 50,45x? so they surpassed the 50k mark…

I had a fishing trip lined up before I had the chance to get tickets, kicking myself now… looked like an awesome event! The old timers game was fun to watch, brought back alot of good memories!

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

From my couch for free it was a good game. I’m not about to pay $300 for a ticket to anything. Glad the weather was good for those who did.

CaptainMusky

Speaking of the old timers games, I wonder how many other times they have hit 40K in attendance for those games at other cities???
    It was fun to watch those guys out there. Brought back many fond memories. Too bad Secord wasn’t able to make it, a “Secord Sucks” chant would have been epic.

mojogunter

There wasn’t 40k there for the alumni game. I think they said 37.9 were in attendance. I don’t think there were nearly that many on saturday, but there were a lot of people there. I would say double what I thought would be there. They didn’t sell the real game out though. Ours was one of two that haven’t sold out.

Speaking of the old timers games, I wonder how many other times they have hit 40K in attendance for those games at other cities???
    It was fun to watch those guys out there. Brought back many fond memories. Too bad Secord wasn’t able to make it, a “Secord Sucks” chant would have been epic.

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

I thought both the alum game and the Wild game were both great events and it was terrific to see they were so well attended. To me this is yet more proof that this is the State of Hockey and we love the game.

The alum game was really cool and Beaupre was just terrific. It was just great to see guys like Smith out there skating. To those of us who grew up as Northstars fans, these were the guys WE wanted to be. Gilles Meloche was my hero, he was the goalie I wanted to be. It was great to see him out there and it reminds you of how time flies and things change, seeing him don that old school mask brought back a lot of memories.

Grouse

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

I was bummed when they finally got an outdoor game. That quickly faded when I learned about the prices. There is no way I personally could justify paying that much for a game. I have a hard time forking over anything more than $100 for any event, including concerts.

I really digged the robitic camera they were using. I felt like I was right in on the action. Anyone else like that? I wish they could do that for every game.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

My apologies sticker. Haula named NHL 2nd star. The kid is still just 24 and showing some unexpected upside. Who know, he may become the #1 center at some point. You have to love the chemistry with that new found line.

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

I was bummed when they finally got an outdoor game. That quickly faded when I learned about the prices. There is no way I personally could justify paying that much for a game. I have a hard time forking over anything more than $100 for any event, including concerts.

Personally, I was put off by the fact that as a Wild season ticket holder, they set up this outdoor game as a (very expensive) add-on, even though it was a regular season game. Obviously, there were 50,000 people who didn’t have any issue shelling out the money, but I’m not one of them.

I like to watch hockey all kinds of hockey, be it pro, college, and HS, but NOT hockey in a football stadium. No appeal there at all. Even the announcers yesterday were making mistakes and questioning who was who because they were so far away. Maybe I got my fill of outdoor hockey back in the day when, well, that’s where we played most of our youth hockey games.

Glad to see so many enjoyed the game and the weather was good for it. Just not my cup of tea.

Grouse

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

So Grouse….you purchased a 41 game regular season package and then they tack on a upcharge to attend the outdoor game?

You sure the Wilfs don’t own the Wild?

Wait until they make a Stanley Cup final game a outdoor game, they’ll clip ya $1,000 for that seat. rotflol

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

Wait until they make a Stanley Cup final game a outdoor game, they’ll clip ya $1,000 for that seat.

I think that’s actually what Chicago charges for a Stanley cup final game. No joke.

deertracker

I liked the camera after I got used to it. It made me dizzy for the first few minutes.
    DT

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

So Grouse….you purchased a 41 game regular season package and then they tack on a upcharge to attend the outdoor game?

You sure the Wilfs don’t own the Wild?

Wait until they make a Stanley Cup final game a outdoor game, they’ll clip ya $1,000 for that seat. rotflol

It wasn’t even an up-charge. It was simply the fact that as a season ticket holder you were allowed the privileged of giving them even more money to attend a regular season home game. So this year we got one less game for the same price.

The playoffs are always extra, everyone knows that going in. This outdoor game had me shaking my head.

Grouse

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Seems the loyalty of a season ticket holder is a one way street. doah

sticker
    StillwaterMN/Ottertail county

My apologies sticker. Haula named NHL 2nd star. The kid is still just 24 and showing some unexpected upside. Who know, he may become the #1 center at some point. You have to love the chemistry with that new found line.

yay yay yay yay peace peace peace

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

No concussion for Zucker. Update to come (Russo), but he is out tonight.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

No concussion for Zucker. Update to come (Russo), but he is out tonight.

Probably broken jaw from the elbow.

Viewing 30 posts - 691 through 720 (of 1,184 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.