Who’s Using Duck Duck Go on their mobile device?

• Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

The Werm inadvertently pushed me into loading it yesterday on my Iphone and so far, I really like it.

Anyone else using it?

CaptainMusky

I use it off and on. Love the fact you can search for something and then not get inundated with ads relating to that search.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

what is it?

It’s a web browser that has more protection of your data. So when you search something you aren’t flooded with ads for that and related items, limits websites cookies and ability to track you. From their website:

“We don’t store your personal info. We don’t follow you around with ads. We don’t track you. Ever.”

https://duckduckgo.com/

CaptainMusky

It really is great. Its as simple to use as google or chrome, but no tracking at all which is really wonderful.

G_Smitty
    New Richmond, WI

it’s the only app I use for internet surfing. On my laptop computer as well (combined with FireFox as a browser). Never had any issues with it on the iPhone or my Surface.

Deuces

Switch and lose all the hot milfs in my area?! Not a chance. I’m only on my 3rd maxed out credit card from meeting one in person…..

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Switch and lose all the hot milfs in my area?! Not a chance. I’m only on my 3rd maxed out credit card from meeting one in person…..

Well there are trade offs.

Michael Best

I used it for awhile.
    Political searches have interesting results compared to google.
    The down side was some of the outdoor websites I was looking for didn’t show up in the search results like they do on google.

rjthehunter
    Brainerd

Search “Voter fraud 2020 election” There’s a lot of results that google won’t show you on the front page.

big_g
    Isle, MN

81 MILLION… yeah right. Duck Duck meh

FryDog62

Its all I use on my Mactop and iPhone…

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

They just made an announcement they are going to sensor some political topics so not as free as they used to be.

Brittman

Been using it for about 6 – 8 monts. Works great.

Reef W

They just made an announcement they are going to sensor some political topics so not as free as they used to be.

DuckDuckGo uses mostly Bing search results and Microsoft is restricting links to RT and Sputnik. DuckDuckGo also had a partnership with Yandex for Russian and Turkish results which they suspended. I guess you can still just use Yandex directly if you’re missing it.

KPE
    River Falls, WI

Brave and DDG both installed on y phone. I like them both, Brave is better for privacy.

CaptainMusky

I was just talking to my wife’s dog who I call batman and he’s known to give a “left paw” when he wants to be petted. I said hay Batman give me the left paw and then I see this…

Attachments:
    1. Screenshot_20220419-202420.png

CaptainMusky

Google at it’s finest. I wasn’t even on my phone when I said that.

Dan
    Southeast MN

Haha I still don’t know why more people don’t say dumb, inappropriate things around other people’s phones just to see what pops up for ads.

Umy
    South Metro

Duck DUCK GO AND brave – all i use on laptop and phone.
    Might not be putting Google or the Censor police out of business but I beleive in doing my part.
    Works great and no issues after almost 2 years.
    I DO MISS not having the huge history like you do with Google. Actually have to type in more letters now but hey……
    I KNOW that Cabelas site does NOT LIKE Brave. I need to go through Firefox for that.

Outdraft
    Western Wi.

But I thought they were all 10 miles away

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.