Who makes custom control cables in East Metro?

• TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

Guys, I need a custom control cable made for a mechanism that engages an auger on a piece of equipment. Obviously this part is obsolete and no longer available anywhere or I would just go that route.

The cable has two very specific ends on it one of which I know what it looks like but it’s missing. I have the entire length of cable including the shrouded pieces. I just need a brand new one made with the proper ends crimped on.

I just get a blank stare from the guys at the auto parts stores. Anyone know who in the East Metro or as close as possible can make a custom control cable? I know this is common and equipment and I found places online that will do it but I’m hoping to do this without sending it out.

Thanks as always.

thalweg87
    Eastern Iowa

Maybe this place???

Push-Pull Controls

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

Grouse if you have not figured this out yet try Brake & Equipment in Mpls 612-378-3141 not sure on cables but they can make up hoses and such in house. Worth a try anyway.

bigcrappie
    Blaine

A Picture would make our day?

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

Sorry guys I thought I posted a reply to this thread but it must not have gone through.

I’m going to try the place that tw87 posted. They said bring it down but first of course I’ve got to extract it.

You can tell this control cable was highly prone to breakage because I can get almost every other part for this machine even though it’s almost 40 years old. Except this auger engagement cable.

If I could just find a part to crimp on the missing end I could just replace the cable itself. That would be easy but the problem is I don’t know what piece was on the end that has broken off. I can see approximately what it would have looked like but I don’t actually have it and the schematic diagrams for this machine don’t show it enough detail.

Thanks for the replies.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.