Who lets the females go?

• Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

LOL! Ben don’t give yourself that much credit.

It was my intent to post those photos here tonight but your between your uninformed comments and having some time allowed me to post them earlier.

I think you’re a bit off track from your original post. If you would like to talk about the pressure on Pool 4, I would be happy to spar with you.

ryan_mcneil
    Dodge Center, MN

Maybe if people kept their mouths closed and didn’t post every picture and report and let everts take their picture to put it on fb the problem wouldn’t be as big. P4 has always had lots of people but we don’t need all this advertising so someone can make a buck off selling a jig and telling you where to fish and where to launch. I understand that everyone has a right to fish and if they take their 6 fish home that’s fine but the amount of people the last 2-4 years is getting ridiculous! I believe something definitely needs to be done and if that means catch and release during a certain time period or a closed season for the spawn then so be it. All the studies that were done that say the pressure doesn’t hurt well those studies were not done during the years that we have now and we have yet to see the true effects of the pressure the river has been receiving. Just my $.02

I couldn’t agree any more!!

ryan_mcneil
    Dodge Center, MN

Seems I sparked a fire under burger kings @$$! Seems to me a lot of good guys that used to report good fishing reports suddenly stopped doing them the last few years because of some of the same reasons I spoke of. Isn’t the “moderator” supposed to be the most adult person here and not act the way he does? Maybe we should exploit some of those catfish reports and pictures and locations of “honey holes” and see where that goes. Excuse me while I put my red nose on and act like a fool

toast

deertracker

What’s interesting is looking at the posting history of some of the people who are complaining about online fishing reports. Some have posted reports themselves and some have posted specific techniques with full live well pics. If you complain about online reports then you shouldn’t read or post them. coffee
    I’m just saying….
    DT

deertracker

Excuse me while I put my red nose on and act like a fool

Maybe if you knew the history of the red nose you wouldn’t have responded with such a stupid response.
    DT

splitshot
    Rosemount, MN

I was told by a once famous P4 river guide that I was fishing with (paid trip) that he used to come back to his truck after a day of guided fishing to find threatening letters pinned to his truck because he was letting too many people know too much information about P4 river fishing. If I remember correctly, he told me that story back in the day when his (hobby) Internet fishing website was called something like moving waters.com. I believe it was some time around 2004-5. The Internet and social media in general have since come a long way. The funny thing is, the discussion and debate taking place on this thread has been dragging on since the inception of this and other .com fishing web-pages. Many good fishermen over the years who used to frequent and regularly post on this and other fishing sites have since stopped. My guess is because of the accentuated shame that others try and place on them just for fishing legally. In the case of this thread, the details are all the same, the only difference is the date and the names of new blood associated with the posts. 2015.

JD Winston
    Inactive
    Chanhassen, MN

It’s as if we’re all synchronizing our periods in this thread. lol! Rage on brothers. 4 times to the pool 4 this spring and brought home 2/18 inchers and a few white bass but those don’t count, do they?

hl&sinker
    Inactive
    north fowl

Now I’m curious where everybody is getting these red noses. I feel left out.

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

This thread is getting pretty cereal, let’s take a Carp VS Man timeout toast

carp

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>BenC wrote:</div>
    Excuse me while I put my red nose on and act like a fool

Maybe if you knew the history of the red nose you wouldn’t have responded with such a stupid response.
    DT

Agree DT. One of the rudest posts I’ve seen in a long time

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

This graph is from the Minnesota Department of natural resources division of fish and wildlife “Complete Report” Segment 31–1
    Study 4
    Job 921 completed April 14, 2014.

Hopefully you can read the image that shows 1994 and the year 2000 higher in angle hours then 2012 and 2013.

It does show it an lower cycle population of sauger but a normal population of walleyes.

The one thing that is slightly concerning to me it is that it shows an explosion in the northern pike population.

I will add I haven’t read the complete report myself due to time constraints.

I think it’s time to lock this thread down, however I would encourage anyone that would like to discuss the Dnr’s report to start a new thread.

Attachments:
    1. image48.jpg

Viewing 11 posts - 91 through 101 (of 101 total)

The topic ‘Who lets the females go?’ is closed to new replies.