White bear ice

• tindall
    Minneapolis MN

Are the trucks out or still go atv?

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

There are trucks out on the lake. I’m still using my snowmobile just to be safe. There has been around 14 inches of ice everywhere I’ve been but there are springs in the lake. I’m hoping the warm temps this week will hurt it too much.

philtickelson
    Inactive
    Mahtomedi, MN

I was out last night and I didn’t measure, but I’d guess 14-16″ where I was fishing.

Lots of trucks out(including the guy fishing next to us who drove back and forth from one tip up to another anytime a flag went up, they were like 50 feet away lol) but I walked out.

tindall
    Minneapolis MN

Thanks. I will probably just stick to the atv unless it gets silly thick. I can’t imagine how angry I would be paying for a truck/trailer recovery when I have use of an atv in the winter. It adds like 10min tops to set up.

slipperybob
    Lil'Can, MN

10-12 inches of ice today.

My first time there and really just wanted to test my Rigid Octane drill.

All I caught were feeder perch…biggest was 7 inches.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Depends on what part of the lake you are on. East side and out from the Co access have less than the western portion. Also, was walking off the east side Saturday evening and found a car partially through the ice in about 4 fow. I won’t be driving out there unless we get a real good cold snap. Otherwise it’ll be another couple weeks.

tindall
    Minneapolis MN

I posted this last year, but am wondering the same thing now – thanks!

Im guessing my atv and 1600lb wheelhouse is good to go?

I have only used Bellaire – are there other free accesses?

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

I posted this last year, but am wondering the same thing now – thanks!

Im guessing my atv and 1600lb wheelhouse is good to go?

I have only used Bellaire – are there other free accesses?

Yep, commercial bay, Mahtomedi, & Ramsey beach.

tindall
    Minneapolis MN

Can you give any landmarks for these that i could find on google maps or navionics? Is ramsey beach ramsey county park?

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Can you give any landmarks for these that i could find on google maps or navionics? Is ramsey beach ramsey county park?

Yes Ramsey Beach is the Co Park. Mahtomedi is Mahtomedi Beach but you aren’t going to get a 1600 lb wheelhouse over the ice heave that is off the landing. Ramsey would be your best bet. And PLEASE go slow, there still isn’t a ton of ice out there yet.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.