Which Tuned Up?

• Joshua
    Wisconsin Rapids, WI

Looking for a new ice rod. I have a Dead Meat which I love and use for 1/16th to 1/12oz spoons and occasionally tiny rippin raps and 1/8oz spoons. I also have a mojo ice medium that I use for 7 and 9 jigging raps and large spoons. Looking for something to handle the inbetween stuff. Mainly 1/4oz spoons, number 5 jigging raps and 1/3 oz do-jiggers. With ability to maybe fish 1/8oz spoons. Looking at the precision or power precision. What are your thoughts?

tbro16
    Inactive
    St Paul

Not sure if this is what you’re looking for, but I was just watching IDOs first ice episode on LOTW. James commented his favorite walleye set up is a 38″ TUCR Commander. Personally have no experience with any of the above so I cant help much more than that!

lrott2003
    Wisconsin

I would facebook message company direct they will get back to you asap with the correct answer. They may have another idea as well. Sometimes they do reply on here but best to go direct to source.

tanner voeller

i use the precision as my rippin rap and jigging style rod. i use it for walleyes and aggressive crappies, paired it with the smallest shimano nasci reek they make, i believe it’s a 500 series.

Ty Kennedy

FWIW: Tuned up are great rods. 36 inch precision is an awesome rod with a more moderate action that I really enjoy maybe moreso than some of the other rods in the lineup. That being said, Jt black reign and CCI Eye Raiser are two rods you may also want to check out before making a decision

Looking for a new ice rod. I have a Dead Meat which I love and use for 1/16th to 1/12oz spoons and occasionally tiny rippin raps and 1/8oz spoons. I also have a mojo ice medium that I use for 7 and 9 jigging raps and large spoons. Looking for something to handle the inbetween stuff. Mainly 1/4oz spoons, number 5 jigging raps and 1/3 oz do-jiggers. With ability to maybe fish 1/8oz spoons. Looking at the precision or power precision. What are your thoughts?

The Precision would be your best option for what you described here. It is more versatile than the Power Precision. The Commander is an excellent premiere walleye rod, but it really excels at slightly heavier baits.
    TUCR

Eric Hammerud

I just got a precision and I think its going to be a really good rod.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.