Which Navionics Phone App? Upcoming Devils lake Trip

• bigstorm
    Southern WI

Heading out to Devils Lake in a couple weeks, looking at getting an App for the phone, is the Navionics Boating USA one for $14.99 the one to get?

bigstorm
    Southern WI

With the Humminbird map, what happens when I get a new phone? Navionics is a yearly subscription I think. I wouldnt want to pay $30 and not be able to transfer it to a new device whenever that happens

al-wichman
    SE Wisconsin

I use the Navionics app that is 10 bucks. I think it’s called Navionics Boating app now. It’s fairly accurate, it’s not mapping chip accurate but it’s been really nice to have on hand for the times I walk early and late ice.

Gino
    Grand rapids mn

I use navionics boating app. I got a new I phone for Christmas and first thing I thought was oh crap my way points will be gone. I activated the new phone and logged into everything you need to and low and behold all my way points transferred over. Sweet !

bryan t
    Montana

I went to Devils Lake last year and used the Navionics chart. $10 is a sweet deal if you ask me and it was pretty accurate!

lshd69

Can’t speak about Devils Lake, but I too use the boating app. Does well on the lakes by me.

Bill Sackenreuter
    Devils Lake ND

Thw new navionics app is pretty good,basically same map as old version,with a few new twists,but will get you by just fine on Devils Lake,But if you want to fish the north lakes,Ervine,Alice,Mikes,and Dry you will just have an outline,In order to get good detail on those lakes you would need doc sonar,and thats only for lowrance units.
    The navionics is what I use most of the time here.

mndadandson

The app is being discontinued according to the play store.
    Charts and data will transfer to new app.

AUTO_5
    Inactive
    Mendota Heights, MN

Personally I’ve had navionics on iPhone for years, and the lake that I mainly ice fish is VERY far off. Nearly every spot on the lake is way off. Your mileage may vary, especially lake to lake.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Navionics is hit or miss. I use it to a certain extent. I used it on Devils 2 years ago and it was accurate for the most part. Enough to get you on the piece of structure you are trying to fish.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Some lakes are close and some are so far off its unreal. And some lakes if you look at a real map arnt even similar. Navionics is very hit or miss

bigstorm
    Southern WI

Thanks for all of the opinions, overall, it looks like a good option for $15

in case you were still thinking fishsmart, its like navio, it transfers as its all based on your user name and log in info; it can also be downloaded to a SD card for your hbird

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.