Which camping stove is better for winter?

• Martin Clark

Hello, everyone! I am tormented by the question which camping stove is better to choose… steel or titanium? Titanium bites a little on the price…((

Gitchi Gummi

propane stoves have better performance in cold weather. stoves that run off a iso-butane/propane mixture (like jetboils) won’t work as well in cold weather. something about the colder temps makes the iso-butane/propane burn unevenly. I think the propane will burn more than the butane, so the further you get into a tank, the less efficient the burn will be because the gas mixture will be off

tswoboda

I assumed he’s asking about wood stoves, but the whole post is a little tough to interpret. If that’s the case and this isn’t a bot, then the decision just comes down how the stove will be transported… are you moving it with man-power or horsepower. Titanium is a lot less weight and a lot more $$$

Martin Clark

Indeed, I did not take into account the weight… what kind of wood stove do you have?

Gitchi Gummi

I assumed he’s asking about wood stoves, but the whole post is a little tough to interpret. If that’s the case and this isn’t a bot, then the decision just comes down how the stove will be transported… are you moving it with man-power or horsepower. Titanium is a lot less weight and a lot more $$$

Ahh yep, you’re definitely right. I read that one wrong.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.