Where to fish?

• Jayson Martin

New to fishing the St. Croix not asking for your honey hole but just some spots to try for walleye would like to take my 75yr old father out! We are willing to try anywhere from Stillwater to South of Hudson! Also is it true with a mn license you can fish two poles? Any help would be appreciated I’m not some professional angler so any help on Method and spot to try would be appreciated

rubberduck
    east bethel

Don’t know the river but border waters mn….and that other state…….. rotflol
    You can use two line per person! Sorry can’t help ya with any spots. Good luck and tight lines????

Justin riegel

My best advice would be to troll shorelines in 20-30 feet right now with crankbaits or worm harnesses

phoyem
    Minneapolis

Just echoing a few of the same things. 2 lines per person ok, (I’ve heard you can use 3 per person on the river if you’re on the WI side but can’t say for sure it’s true).

I’d go more with 18-22 fow. Shorelines, current, points. Make sure you’re within 2 feet of the bottom.

coyle053

Similar question as Jayson- pretty new to the river walleye fishing. At this point in the summer have the fish mostly moved down to the big water on the Croix or can you still pull some out of the areas north of Stillwater? This is how it tends to go down in the Lake City area, anyways.

triton186
    Hudson, WI

I have had better luck downriver lately but it took soooo long to get there….until now! You still have to be careful out there as I saw some big prop-catchers out there last night! It seems like the fish are pretty spread out but could be just where I am fishing them (iow I need to find a better spot!). Good luck.

coyle053

Thanks for the response! I will be on the lookout tomorrow.

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Prescott

’ve heard you can use 3 per person on the river if you’re on the WI side but can’t say for sure it’s true).

Yes, absolutely, 3 lines ON THE WISCONSIN SIDE

Tuma
    Inactive
    Farmington, MN

Since you sound green to fishing the river, I would troll slow death hooks with worms in 18-25 fow. The slow death hooks are easy on your wallet when you lose them.

DaveB
    Inver Grove Heights MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>phoyem wrote:</div>
    ’ve heard you can use 3 per person on the river if you’re on the WI side but can’t say for sure it’s true).

Yes, absolutely, 3 lines ON THE WISCONSIN SIDE

That is ONLY for fisherman with the WI license though, correct? I thought it was 2 lines max for anywhere if you have a MN license.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.