When and Why did IfishPros double in price?

• Greenhorn
    Bismarck, ND

Last time I bought an ifishpro (uninsulated) it was like $30. Maybe $40. Now I am only seeing them for $69.99 and up! When did that happen? And why??

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Last time I bought an ifishpro (uninsulated) it was like $30. Maybe $40. Now I am only seeing them for $69.99 and up! When did that happen? And why??

I was just having this conversation with the owner of iFish pro a couple weeks ago when I sent him a message that basically went “what the blankety blank happened to the cost of your product?”

Shipping on a container went from China went from under $10,000 to $35k+.

His hope is that if shipping costs ever go back down he’ll be able to lower his prices back to where they were.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

70 bucks. That’s a tough sale

munchy
    NULL

At that point doesn’t it start making more sense to just make them here? That’s ridiculous.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Sure stinks that shipping right now is such a mangled mess

fishking22

A cheaper and better version IMO is finicky fooler. Caught 100s of fish on them.

Justin Laack
    Austin,mn

A cheaper and better version IMO is finicky fooler. Caught 100s of fish on them.

X2 love my fooler!!

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Sure stinks that shipping right now is such a mangled mess

I hope the owners are able to survive this. The whole family is made up of high quality individuals that I’ve come to appreciate a great deal. I’d hate to see them done in by this shipping fiasco.

PmB

Finicky fooler

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Finicky fooler

I sold my I fish pros off for 2 finicky foolers. I just appreciate the simplicity and not having big triggers on my line. The I fish pros were decent but the fooler is way easier and smaller

Fowldreams55398

If everything wasn’t produced in China these supply issues wouldn’t be a issue! Same cheap products at a higher cost, no thanks.

Rodwork
    Farmington, MN

Shipping on a container went from China went from under $10,000 to $35k+.

His hope is that if shipping costs ever go back down he’ll be able to lower his prices back to where they were.

This sucks. Sounds like we can expect everything from China to be jumping up and I have been seeing it. Munchy, it would make more sense to start making them here if we could get people here to work.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Sounds like we can expect everything from China to be jumping up and I have been seeing it.

Inflation is real but it’s not just chinese-made products. I just saw a scoop of fat heads for $5.50 at one of my favorite stops. Pretty sure those fat heads are still made in the US!

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

$3.49/gallon for diesel, rattle spoons pushing $7/pop, a wrap at Subway with chips and a pop cost $13. The price of everything, see the post about lumber prices, are sky high and only going higher.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

$3.49/gallon for diesel, rattle spoons pushing $7/pop, a wrap at Subway with chips and a pop cost $13. The price of everything, see the post about lumber prices, are sky high and only going higher.

Everything is inflated. That’s when the people need to choose wisely when and where to spend the money. I’m glad I have so much gear I need nothing. But even if I did 70 plus shipping on a ifishpro is a tough bullet to chew on. Even tho that’s the world we live in. The fooler went up to 30, that’s high as well. But thats the economy we voted in I guess.

SoDak Fisher Guy
    Eastern SD

Yup, it’s everything….I sell PVC pipe, fittings, valves, etc for water & sewer applications, and pipe has gone up about 35-40%. Made in the USA, but they say getting the raw goods to make the stuff is tough to get.

Construction demand is at an all time high, people still paying the higher prices….no end in sight.

stevenoak

Seems US manufacturing is being reduced to things that are too large or heavy to ship from overseas. Now would be a great time to justify building in the USA again. Unfortunately, the environment now seems to favor paying people to do nothing. Rather than help businesses compete. China is the largest polluter in the world, paying people a few dollars a day. But most US citizens won’t pay $2 more for a US product. Unfortunely, businesses can’t make large capital expansions. With 4-year business friendly administrations.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>fishking22 wrote:</div>

X2 love my fooler!!

X3

The iFishPros are a solid design, but I just get more hits or have more success with the foolers for eyes, pike, bass, and high quality tip downs for things like perch or big crappies.

Mike Lombard

Well, you get what what ya vote for. It’s the cost of having Brandon for lrez.

usmarine0352

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Rodwork wrote:</div>
    Sounds like we can expect everything from China to be jumping up and I have been seeing it.

Inflation is real but it’s not just chinese-made products. I just saw a scoop of fat heads for $5.50 at one of my favorite stops. Pretty sure those fat heads are still made in the US!

Yep, gas to transport fatheads from place to place is more expensive now too.

If you got a stimulus check…..you’ve already paid it back 3x over.

Let’s go Brandon!

hnd

I bought a 3 Finicky Foolers because of the price of the Ifish pro. Just couldn’t justify it.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

These High shipping cost and effects from Covid excuses are getting Old. Some of the price increases is nothing more than Business’s just taking advantage and gouging customers. If a US business made the decision to get in bed with a Foreign supplier and ends up going out of business because of it, I’m going to have a hard time feeling to bad for them. Hopefully this situation will make some manufactures rethink the situation and possibly bring a few more jobs back to the good old USA.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

These High shipping cost and effects from Covid excuses are getting Old. Some of the price increases is nothing more than Business’s just taking advantage and gouging customers. If a US business made the decision to get in bed with a Foreign supplier and ends up going out of business because of it, I’m going to have a hard time feeling to bad for them. Hopefully this situation will make some manufactures rethink the situation and possibly bring a few more jobs back to the good old USA.

Great point.

A coworker of mine is bit***** about a long wait on doors for a remodel project. I reminded them that although I paid more, I received a more quality product, supported the local economy, and had what I needed on a predictable timeline when I purchased doors made right here in Minnesota.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I bought a 3 Finicky Foolers because of the price of the Ifish pro. Just couldn’t justify it.

Probably 3 for the price of 1. And people will realize they can use any rod any day and not need to rig a designated trigger on it.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Just understand that if a contractor (pick the trade) has plenty of work they will raise their prices. If the demand doesn’t slow down they will raise their prices again. If the demand wanes they will lower their prices. It’s not hard to understand.

The secrete to staying in business isn’t hard…do quality work at a fair price. Do what you say you will do. Treat the customer like you would like to work with them again. Don’t rely on anymore outside vendors then absolutely needed.

Does anybody remember when there was a different car dealer on every corner of major intersections? It made shopping easier and kept the prices under control. To combat that Walser and the others started consolidating and buying all the dealerships they could. Now, you price your vehicle against the same ownership at different dealers.

Deuces

The US consumer is freakin ruthless

JEREMY
    BP

The shipping excuse is making someone alot of money. A month back or so on the news they said christmas trees were going up an average of 30-50 percent. The reason was because container went from like 8000 to 15000 to ship. Dont know the exact number but im guessing a container probably holds at least a thousand trees. So if you divide the increase by the number of trees shouldnt they go up like 7 bucks? So why does your 200 dollar tree go up by 60 to 100 dollars.

Mike Lombard

I would guess that the longer they float around not being able to unload the more it’s costing everyone. China or not…it’s only the beginning, the more Brandon spends and floods the system with $$ the more inflation rises….you can’t buy your way out of national dept…

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

The US has has managed to artificially inflate the economy by keeping interest rates at near historic lows. This will only work for so long and that bubble is about to burst. Rapid increasing interest rates often leads to recessions and sometimes even Depressions. Historically the easiest way countries ( Including the US ) have gotten themselves out of Major recessions and depressions is through WAR. I hope all of this does not follow the normal paths.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 41 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.