What’s wrong with Lake Nokomis

• walleyewizard

Fished Lake Nokomis this last week and found a lot of brownish-red crud floating in the water. Dropped a camera down a hole and couldn’t see a thing. Is this normal or is something going on with the lake?

Tom Anastasi

Not normal.
    I saw it too, right before the lake closed up.
    I assume it’s an algae bloom from the crazy high water that lake had all year again. Not sure if late season algae is a thing though?

Deuces

I’m no expert whatsoever,but on Harriet several times in the past I would find very dirty pockets of water. At the time I attributed it to weeds dying off in that section and mucking things up. Bc it would clear up later in season. But if you found the edges of that dirty water with some good weeds and clean bottom, you were gonna have a good day of fishing.

Matt Moen
    South Minneapolis

Anyone have ice reports for any of the city lakes? I’d like to get out the next few days but they look sketchy.

walleyewizard

Anyone have ice reports for any of the city lakes? I’d like to get out the next few days but they look sketchy.

Matt, I had 8” of ice on Nokomis on Monday. Drove by Harriet and Nokomis this morning. Lots of water on the ice. There was a couple guys on Nokomis. I would guess it’s ok, but sure looked sketchy.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.