Whats UP with Protests on Highways?

• troutbum
    St. Paul

Man.
    This S*%# is getting tiresome.

This isn’t a political post. I am tired of protestors endangering people that are driving.

Second night of Trump protests closes I-94 in Minneapolis

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

It got you attention, didn’t it?

Not saying it’s right, just saying what’s up.

troutbum
    St. Paul

It got you attention, didn’t it?

Not saying it’s right, just saying what’s up.

Sure effing did.
    I was driving home from work.
    Sketchy way to get my attention.

joe_the_fisher
    Wisconsin Dells WI

I’m not happy with the outcome either but I’m not gonna act like a moron and protest it. Just dumb people!!

Youbetcha
    Anoka County

Last time I checked it was illegal to walk on the freeways coffee

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

Last time I checked it was illegal to walk on the freeways coffee

Exactly! Lack of leadership has allowed these protests to get to the level they are now. There will always be stupid people doing stupid things, laws are made so the damage or inconvenience these morons do is minimal or null.

If they would’ve set an example with BLM sometime ago right away we wouldn’t be down this road now.

50 years from now, long after these things fizzle out, I’m gonna have a good long hard laugh on the most intelligent way to protest stuff back when was go stand on a highway. Truly, you can’t make this crap up.

1hl&sinker
    On the St.Croix

Got your attention did it not. Now, are you go7ng to whine about the tactic/topic because it inconvenienced you and ingnore it because of that or actually get involved in the discusion on a broader scale and do something about it rather than itch about on a public forum with the direction of sports and good natured general discusion.
    Many of us have gone there but this topic has been beaten to death. Again do something about it beyond a discusion forum thinking someone will do the work for you.

Art Green
    Brookfield,WI

Losers

Sore losers. Think this would of happened if the other candidate would have one? Heck no.

Mocha
    Park Rapids

Got your attention did it not. Now, are you go7ng to whine about the tactic/topic because it inconvenienced you and ingnore it because of that or actually get involved in the discusion on a broader scale and do something about it rather than itch about on a public forum with the direction of sports and good natured general discusion.
    Many of us have gone there but this topic has been beaten to death. Again do something about it beyond a discussion forum thinking someone will do the work for you.

So …… whats your solution? What exactly would you “do something about it beyond……..”?

Breaking the law is breaking the law. Break out the water cannons and have our law enforcement put a stop to this idiocy.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Hi&sinker is suggesting you run them over.

Basically, these morons are protesting the Democratic process.

muskie-tim
    Rush City MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Tyler Kalishek wrote:</div>
    Losers

They can’t be losers. They are from the everybody wins generation.

Rob you nailed it Lets give them participation medals and send them home happy. grin

Huntindave
    Shell Rock Iowa

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Rob92761 wrote:</div>

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Tyler Kalishek wrote:</div>
    Losers

They can’t be losers. They are from the everybody wins generation.

Rob you nailed it Lets give them participation medals and send them home happy. grin

If they are breaking the law, arrest them, jail them, fine them, AND then send them home with a sticker,,,,,,,, “I protested!”

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

We’ve all heard the generations before us say that this generation is getting worse. And I believe it is. Every year we see more and more people with less morals, less respect, less family values, and so on. Just in my short 50 years of life, I’ve noticed the continued deterioration of brotherhood and it’s quickly turning to all what’s in it for me.

It’s rewarding, yet sad when my daughters feel out of place in society because they miss family dinners at the kitchen table and have strong work ethics. The college kids they are amongst have not been taught to work for anything.

Civil War on the horizon???? Possibly. I’m sure that sounds extreme, but I think it’s a reality. When you have a 63% rise in police officers being shot, clearly the lawlessness is growing. Politicians demonstrate that you can break laws without consequences, and people are following suit. Compound all the problems we have and all the frustrations and something will spark a bloody event that escalates out of control

MNdrifter

You think it’s bad now….. Wait until their Obama phones don’t work anymore. flame

sticker
    StillwaterMN/Ottertail county

IT’s total BS! Governor soft touch needs to call out the national guard with the water cannons smash I don’t care if it’s the election or anything else. When people close down freeways to get their point across they have crossed a line. A civil protest is one thing, but affecting 100’s or 1000’s of people lives because you feel betrayed it total BS flame

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

No water cannons!

I got a better idea.

Attachments:
    1. D6.png

Huntindave
    Shell Rock Iowa

Civil War on the horizon???? Possibly. I’m sure that sounds extreme, but I think it’s a reality. When you have a 63% rise in police officers being shot, clearly the lawlessness is growing. Politicians demonstrate that you can break laws without consequences, and people are following suit. Compound all the problems we have and all the frustrations and something will spark a bloody event that escalates out of control

I too, sadly agree with your assessment.

Charles

I hate to even say this…

It amazes me that there hasn’t been any accident weather it be a car or human involved, just a stupid dangerous thing to do.

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

There ya go Art. I like that solution. I’d bet if this tribe was rounded up and polled to see how many had police records with felonies one would be less than surprised. Charge all those with felonies with consorting with know criminals with felonies….ain’t supposed to be hanging together. Then run the rest and find out how many of those have mailing addresses where rent or a mortgage is being paid monthly, for those without either, charge them with loitering and reckless endangerment. Any who have hauled kids into this, charge them with child endangerment and neglect. Put those kis in foster care until those saps can prove they can care for them appropriately. The rst? Introduce them to Art’s solution.

These are federal freeways inside our state. Isn’t Governor Goofy in charge of making sure these byways are safe and travelable?

mxskeeter
    SW Wisconsin

We’ve all heard the generations before us say that this generation is getting worse. And I believe it is. Every year we see more and more people with less morals, less respect, less family values, and so on. Just in my short 50 years of life, I’ve noticed the continued deterioration of brotherhood and it’s quickly turning to all what’s in it for me.

It’s rewarding, yet sad when my daughters feel out of place in society because they miss family dinners at the kitchen table and have strong work ethics. The college kids they are amongst have not been taught to work for anything.

I agree with you Randy. When you can shoot a policeman and people protest when the person is arrested for it or agree with what happened a civil war doesn’t seem like it could be to far in the future.

Ambler

You wonder whether is protests that are the problem? Just look at your (reactionary) reactions. Jokes ladden with violent solutions. Degrading those you disagree with. Insulting the younger generation. Calling for police action with violent solutions attached. Advocating harming citizens who wish to protest non-violent, who by the way, are exercising their 1st amendment rights. Hey, we all get it, the Trump ideology won. The only question the remains is how much of our freedoms and liberties do you all want to crush as you celebrate your victory. As a fellow American, I would only warn you that in the history of the world, opposing civil demonstrations with violent solutions has never turned out well. Maybe you shuold step back from your ideology for a minute, and try to listen to why they are concerned. Have a discussion of why this younger generation is scared out of their minds. Ask them why they feel the way they do. I am pretty sure that pictures of blowing them up, running them over with tanks, arresting them or blasting them with water cannons is not the answer. Please, try and remember, those people you despise, hate, mock, and disregard are in fact someone your ages children. PLEASE tone down the rhetoric. We are a better people than this.

404 ERROR
    MN

The real question is, do they even know what they’re protesting about? They say they’re protesting Trump winning and they want Hillary in office. These people are the same people who just a couple years ago ran “Occupy Wall Street”. They were protesting for the fall of Wall Street and big banks…

Now to tie this argument together, it has been made public that the Clinton’s received millions of dollars from Wall Street and big banks for many years. 4 years ago it was “Let Wall Street Fall!” now its, “Let Wall Street Run our Country!”….They just want find any excuse to block roads and attack people regardless of the root issues…

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

You wonder whether is protests that are the problem? Just look at your (reactionary) reactions. Jokes ladden with violent solutions. Degrading those you disagree with. Insulting the younger generation. Calling for police action with violent solutions attached. Advocating harming citizens who wish to protest non-violent, who by the way, are exercising their 1st amendment rights. Hey, we all get it, the Trump ideology won. The only question the remains is how much of our freedoms and liberties do you all want to crush as you celebrate your victory. As a fellow American, I would only warn you that in the history of the world, opposing civil demonstrations with violent solutions has never turned out well. Maybe you shuold step back from your ideology for a minute, and try to listen to why they are concerned. Have a discussion of why this younger generation is scared out of their minds. Ask them why they feel the way they do. I am pretty sure that pictures of blowing them up, running them over with tanks, arresting them or blasting them with water cannons is not the answer. Please, try and remember, those people you despise, hate, mock, and disregard are in fact someone your ages children. PLEASE tone down the rhetoric. We are a better people than this.

I had an answer to your questions all typed up but deleted it. Your soft approach to abetting law breakers doesn’t deserve any answer really. Every avenue you had mentioned has been tried. You go chit chat with them and let us know what the answer is. This country is full of moral decay and these people are the epitome of it in my opinion.

Ambler

Merican eagle: I am pretty sure you just went off on a tangent. Pretty sure I mentioned nothing you wrote about. Pretty sure I am saying violence is not the answer. Pretty sure you just proved my point. You failed to think of a single point I made and just ran off in another pre-convieved rant that really only demonstrated a guess as to what they are protesting, and thus proved my point that you have no desire to listen, as you mind is made up no matter what other people think. Well done. Then you made a huge leap of logic trying to tie two things together that logically fail to be demonstrably tied together by far, they are just speculation. Obviously speculation that justifies your own internal anger, but does little to solve any issues or problems.

Art Green
    Brookfield,WI

Never mind the VIOLENCE from the protesters, that is freedom of speech too, apparently, until you disagree with it!! BURNING AND PILAGING while protesting, same difference!!! LOL!

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

post deleted.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 41 total)

The topic ‘Whats UP with Protests on Highways?’ is closed to new replies.