What’s the best stern transducer mounting plate?

• JoeMX1825
    MN

Looking to install one on a fiberglass boat to avoid drilling holes for future transducers… Stern Saver looks like one of the better options? Is 3/4 inch thick enough for the larger Side Imaging transducers? Even though they say the adhesive is enough, do you still put a few screws in for piece of mind?

Denny O
    Central IOWA

I do 2 screws and sealants behind the board.
    Mine are not “stern saver” brand just most any plastic board that is radius edged and 3/4″ thick.
    Rig Rite

bclii
    MN/AZ

On all of my Rangers, I have used JB weld 2-part epoxy only, no screws. I have never had an issue. I drill a couple of half 1/2” holes about a third of the way through for the epoxy to bind, and scuff up the gel coat where you plan to mount the board. I have used the bottom of the ranger step for mounting. That way I can put a small hydraulic jack from the ground up to put pressure on it for a day. I’ll try and attach a photo. Not the best pic, but all I currently have. Boats in storage!

Attachments:
    1. 2BCF79D1-3B94-4566-9D63-9FEA96585E02-scaled.jpeg

Ron
    Victoria, mn

I used scrap pieces of composite deck boards that are about 1 x 4 x 10. Spray painted them black, screwed them onto the transom and they’re still fine 12 years later. Might be different if the boat is docked all summer long, but they hold up on decks exposed to the weather 12 months of the year.

Tom P.
    Whitehall Wi.

I use old plastic cutting boards. Find a color you like and go for it. Rummage sales are a great place $1-$2 have a mount for your transducer. I use 2 screws and 5200 adhesive.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.