What’s it worth?

• Wade Ottman

I’ve got an 05 Aluma tournament sport 185 with a suzuki 200 and a Yamaha 8hp kicker. Prestige tandem axle with a swing tongue. It’s got some older graphs and a power drive on the front. Thinking about putting it on the market to pay for a wedding. Any ideas as to what it’s worth? Thanks for any help

Rodwork
    Farmington, MN

Not sure what it is worth other than…

Attachments:
    1. married-and-fishing.jpg

MX1825

So true Rodwork! applause

Wade Ottman

She hasn’t given me the “it’s me or the boat, you decide” ultimatum yet. Quite the opposite. She once said “we should buy a bigger boat” and then I went and bought a ring.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

My last lady wanted to play me or the boat game. 12 years she wasted on me. She gone now and I found a better one.

CaptainMusky

The used boat market was quite wild the last couple years and you could have come out great, but I think its taking a real hit now with interest rates and the looming recession. Id have to guess around 20k maybe? Not sure. I have same boat a year newer but with better electronics and trolling motor and I wouldnt ask a penny under 25k for it and probably go higher.

ganderpike
    Alexandria

Most/all of the value is in the hull and motor in your case. I’ve seen that boat go for 25K (with base electronics). Most guys I know would rather have that Suzuki than any Merc or Honda from that timeframe. I’d list at $25000 if the hours on the motor are reasonable, carpet is clean, and hull is free of noticeable cosmetic wear.

The used boat market still seems bubbly. Manufacturers are at/ have been at capacity for years now, with new boats spoken for a year in advance. The used boat market is full of $80,000 boats, but not many more reasonable ones. This would go fast I think.

mnfisherman18

If it has reasonably low hours and in good shape I would think $25K should not be an issue. You do not see many 200’s on 18.5′ boats, and suzuki 4S is highly desirable.

CaptainMusky

If it has reasonably low hours and in good shape I would think $25K should not be an issue. You do not see many 200’s on 18.5′ boats, and suzuki 4S is highly desirable.

That boat is actually 18′ 11″. In 2007 it was shortened to 18’7″ I believe. I have a 2006 and have a 150 Suzuki on it. It certainly doesnt need a 200 so that thing must haul ass! I get mid 40’s out of mine and holeshot it just pops right out.

Wade Ottman

She does cruise.the 200 with a stainless prop is a fun time. Last summer there was a rare day on Lake Superior when it was like glass. I don’t know that I ever care to try that again hahaha.

The big motor doesn’t get used much with the kicker I troll salmon and trout out of Duluth more than anything. Original owner didn’t take the best care of it. There’s a little dock rash and maybe some gravel chips. Nothing too terrible.

bigcrappie
    Blaine

Sorry to hear that…..lol
    I would just wait a year or two to save up for the wedding.

mxskeeter
    SW Wisconsin

Wade Court house weddings are cheap! She has to decide weather she WANTS YOU or a BIG fancy wedding!

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

If you want it gone quickly, I’d say $20-22k. If you are willing to listen to offers and sift through messages, I’d list around $24-25k.

When the calendar turns to April, the market will heat back up from the little it has cooled off. Inflation is still running and people are still spending crazy amounts of money on things despite price increases.

Wade Ottman

That’s one of the reasons we need the money. She’s laid off for who knows how long and we had put money down on the wedding. I’m starting to notice a pattern of poor financial decisions here. Hahaha.

Wade Ottman

If you want it gone quickly, I’d say $20-22k. If you are willing to listen to offers and sift through messages, I’d list around $24-25k.

When the calendar turns to April, the market will heat back up from the little it has cooled off. Inflation is still running and people are still spending crazy amounts of money on things despite price increases.

Thanks for the idea of waiting for the market to heat back up. Judging by the weather, I don’t imagine anybody is beginning to think about open water season anytime soon.

CaptainMusky

That’s one of the reasons we need the money. She’s laid off for who knows how long and we had put money down on the wedding. I’m starting to notice a pattern of poor financial decisions here. Hahaha.

Yeah, I have a lot of regrets from when we first got married and first few years of marriage before kids. Best advice I can give you is avoid at all costs running up a lot of credit card debt. That was a killer to get out from under.

bigcrappie
    Blaine

Laid off?, she should be looking at another job. Everyone is hiring with the market being low on people that want to work.

Wade Ottman

She’s an apprentice in the trades so it should pay off here in the next couple
    Of years. Who knows, maybe I’ll be a stay at home dog dad. Imagine the possibilities!

ganderpike
    Alexandria

IDO. Come to ask a fishing question, leave with marriage and career advice.

Wade Ottman

That’s the beauty of a place like this. Almost as good as asking advice at the bar, maybe even better.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.