What to do with hot peppers

• suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

My garden is about done however I have a habanero plant full of beautiful orange balls of fire. Im afraid to cook with them for fear of ruining the dish. Any suggestions?

supercat
    Eau Claire, WI

Dehydrate and grind into powder and use it for seasoning. Just take the correct precautions!

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

I like that idea! thanks

Coletrain27

i like cutting up hot peppers and adding them to jars of pickles. gives the pickles a nice kick

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Dehydrate and grind into powder and use it for seasoning. Just take the correct precautions!

I have a coffee grinder that works perfect for this. Additionally, leave the seeds in for hotter, remove seeds for milder

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

Quick and easy hot sauce.

INGREDIENTS
    • 5-6 habanero peppers coarsely chopped
    • 2 cups chopped pineapple
    • 1 handful cilantro leaves rinsed (Optional IMO)
    • Juice from 1 lime
    • 1 cup white vinegar
    • ½ teaspoon salt
    INSTRUCTIONS
    1. Add all ingredients to a food processor and process until smooth.
    2. Add to a pot and simmer over low heat for 15 minutes. (I like to grill just enough to lay grill marks prior to chopping rather than simmer)
    3. Cool and strain, if desired. If you want a chunkier hot sauce, skip the straining. Or, strain and add a bit of the pulp back in to your desired consistency.
    4. Pour into bottles and refrigerate until ready to use!

Boogerbreath
    Bemidji, MN

You can also slice and lacto-ferment them. Cuts down on the heat a little. Add some garlic or whatever you favor. Then puree it when it is done for a hot sauce or strain it and cut with vinegar for a thin version. Lot of recipes to follow on youtube.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.