Well, the fiancé out did me today….

• Steve Strain
    Thor, Iowa

Today the fiancé, Alyssa, and I hit West Okoboji again this morning for a while and started hitting the perch again consistently. We were getting moved in on pretty hardcore by a number of guys, so I punted and moved away from them and found a different spot on my phone maps and started drilling holes. I was drilling holes and she grabbed her LX7 and rod and dropped it in the hole and as I put the auger down I saw her load up on something big on the first drop in that hole! It had the tickle stick really cranked over! She got it close to the hole and I could see it was a big perch! Got it out of the hole and it was a big 13″ fish! I decided since it was her first big fish, and big perch that I would have it mounted for her birthday that’s coming up! Hell, I don’t even have anything mounted yet! Lol! So it’s wrapped in a towel at Kabeles Bait Shop waiting to be shipped to the taxidermist in Minnesota. I’m so proud of her and still grinning ear to ear for her!

Attachments:
    1. image95.jpg

2. image94.jpg

joe_the_fisher
    Wisconsin Dells WI

Wow nice going Alyssa!! Looks like she showed you Steve..

Polak

I gotta get over there to ice fish..one of my best friends owns one of the Few summer only houses on the lake..(not winterized, summer use only)…(on Okoboji Blvd bout 10 houses up from Terrace Park)..I have fished there 21 yrs straight the week after Labor Day, but don’t see perch like that!!..I’m 4 1/2ish hrs away in Menomonie Wi.

Steve Strain
    Thor, Iowa

Here’s a better pic of her awesome perch!

Attachments:
    1. image104.jpg

JD Winston
    Inactive
    Chanhassen, MN

PERFECT marketing shot for Otter and Marcum! Real nice photo!

joe_the_fisher
    Wisconsin Dells WI

I agree with JD. That photo looks like a professional took it. Very nice fish!! waytogo

reverend
    Rhinelander, WI

I agree with JD too(don’t tell him I said so!)! That looks like an In-Depth ad!
    NICE FISH, and nice photo! woot

Steve Strain
    Thor, Iowa

Well to be honest, Ice Force pro and guide, John Grosvenor, took it for us. He is also a killer photographer! Many pix published in magazines. Check out my other post about my personal best perch. He took that pic as well!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.