weather site/app

• igotone

What weather web site or app are you using ?
    I was very happy with Weather Underground until they changed their interface
    now not happy at all on my phone and tablet.
    web page is still pretty good.

Sharon
    SE Metro

I use Accu Weather. I like their radar map. And their info and warnings seem accurate for the most part.

Tom Albrecht
    Eau Claire

I pretty much only use weather.com. from time to time I’ll check AccuWeather and NWS.

Reef W

I really like Dark Sky but they got bought by Apple and I have an Android phone. If you have an iPhone/iPad it’s worth checking out.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

A lot of people were upset with the new wunderground app changes. I’ve gotten used to it.

SuperDave1959
    Harrisville, UT

Look at FishWeather app. Does better than most weather apps for wind.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

Weather underground (website not app), and the NOAA weather radar app.

So many of the radar apps seems to be “overdone” and show every moderate sprinkle with bright oranges, reds, and yellows for radar returns much like the local news weather coverage. I’ve learned how to interpret the NOAA radar and have a good feel for what I’ll fish through and what I won’t based on it. Anything beyond a light green on the NOAA radar app is pretty heavy rain. Yellows and anything else is a “get your butt off the water now” type return.

Eric Miller

Depending on where you are, weatherlink.com allows you to create a free account and you can get weather that is “local” to where you are. Most stations have 15 minute upload times. They have a website and an app.

fishingchallenged

Look at FishWeather app. Does better than most weather apps for wind.

I’ll have to look at this one. I don’t care if they are off by 5 degrees, but I do care if they are off by 5mph!

mrpike1973

I really liked weather under ground for the wind directions showed you how high wind speeds and if a switch would come later. Accu weather is a little hard for me color blind and that does not help either glad I’m not the only one.

mxskeeter
    SW Wisconsin

I’ve never found a weather app that can consistently hit the wind speed. Most important factor when heading out 95% of the time!
    If they predict 10 to 15 mph I’ve come to the conclusion that some of it will be 10+15=25 mph! flame
    The weatherman hah .

Lou W

Im still looking for a decent wind app. Being on a west shore on leech facing East noaa, wu, etc never get it close. For radar I use MyRadar app. Just seeing the front come in from the west through north it’s pretty easy to predict what’s up.

Matt M
    Blaine, MN

Try iwindsurf app. I have found it the most accurate out a day or 2. Their forecasts seem to be a little higher because I believe they cater to a different crowd.

Matt

Bass Thumb
    Royalton, MN

Surprised nobody has mentioned WeatherBug. It’s easily my favorite app on a phone or iPad. It’s very easy to save locations when you’re planning fishing trips. I think I have every weather station from Baudett and Tower to the Twin Cities saved, as those are my stomping grounds.

On the desktop, I prefer The Weather Channel.

Also, MyRadar has an excellent radar app that’s saved me from getting soaked on countless occasions.

Sylvanboat

My son uses Dark Sky. He claims it can forecast exactly when it will rain exactly where you are. I am skeptical but he insists it’s true. You do pay for it.

Reef W

My son uses Dark Sky. He claims it can forecast exactly when it will rain exactly where you are. I am skeptical but he insists it’s true. You do pay for it.

It will say things like “rain stopping in 8 minutes, starting again in 24 minutes”. It does seem really accurate but I don’t find that detail very useful. What is useful is when other sites say the precipitation chance is 50% you don’t really know if that effects you or not but with Dark Sky it will tell you what it expects in the next hour for your exact location.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Weather underground changed the interface back on the app.

igotone

Weather underground changed the interface back on the app.

thanks for all the input and letting me know this….

3rdtryguy
    Central Mn

I have had AccuWeather for quite a while and liked it but since about Last fall it seems to be way off on temp and rain chance. I want to find a better app also.

danl

Being from Rochester I use the KTTC Weather Authority App. You can set it for other locations and the radar is my favorite. It has many setting as far as warnings and watches. Great app.

mbenson
    Minocqua, WI

NOAA
    My Radar
    Windy

I use WindAlert more for my wind and have had Windy on my phone, but if you want a weather forecast it all comes from NOAA, so you’re getting it from the horses mouth. And MyRadar’s accuracy is outstanding!!!

Mark

tight_lines
    SE Minnesota

+1 for Wunderground. App changes are a bit annoying but I guess I’m used to it

Most entertaining weather app is WTForecast lol.

Bass Thumb
    Royalton, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Buckeye1 wrote:</div>
    NOAA
    My Radar
    Windy

I use WindAlert more for my wind and have had Windy on my phone, but if you want a weather forecast it all comes from NOAA, so you’re getting it from the horses mouth. And MyRadar’s accuracy is outstanding!!!

Mark

Good tip on WindAlert. I added it, and it’s great.

rjthehunter
    Brainerd

Weather Underground is my favorite. For wind specifically, I use Windy. Most accurate for the wind by far!

igotone

Thanks for the great info here..

reddog

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>mbenson wrote:</div>

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Buckeye1 wrote:</div>
    NOAA
    My Radar
    Windy

Mark

Good tip on WindAlert. I added it, and it’s great.

Another solid vote for WindAlert. If it says the winds gonna blow, take it to the bank. If it says it going to lay down, it’ll happen.

basseyes

If they predict 10 to 15 mph I’ve come to the conclusion that some of it will be 10+15=25 mph! flame
    The weatherman hah .

X2!

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.