Wax worms in Rochester?

• Dan
    Southeast MN

Hoping to get out in the area this Saturday. Normally I’d prefer to not hit one of the local waters around Rochester on a weekend because of how busy it will be but Saturday is flanked by some pretty cold weather almost every other day.

Anyone know where to get wax worms? I’ve gotten them at Kwik Trip on north broadway by the old Shopko before but I hate to rely on a gas station because they can be hit or miss on if they have them or not. I could try Scheels but that’s a little farther drive for me. Wasn’t there a bait shop close to downtown off Broadway that opened or reopened recently?

Any help would be appreciated.

haleysgold
    SE MN

Wild Goose should have them.
    North Bdwy across the street from McDonald’s.

munchy
    NULL

You’re thinking of Minske Bait and Tackle. On North Broadway right across from McDonald’s near Silver Lake.

Dan
    Southeast MN

Thanks guys.

haleysgold
    SE MN

You’re thinking of Minske Bait and Tackle. On North Broadway right across from McDonald’s near Silver Lake.

Yep, that’s the place. Was Wild Goose for years but Ralph must have sold out. Have not been inside for years but they must be the new owners.

Jake Thelen
    Medford, MN

Minske is good. Very willing to share current info.

shockers
    Rochester

Dan, I’ve had pretty good look at that Kwik Trip you mention. Plenty of supply – just check out status of the waxies before buying in case some real old ones in there. But Minske good too.

tight_lines
    SE Minnesota

Sportsman’s rack sells wax worms at a solid price too. Now I just wish more places carried spikes!

The SCRATCHER
    spring valley mn

Minske is always good bait and info and rod building supplies with a gun shop in same building

Bill Cadwell

I know the bait is delivered to Scheels on Wednesdays so my guess is that is the day the rest of the bait places is stocked too in town.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.