For us, a very good weekend of shooting…

• fish_any_time
    Champlin, MN

Tyler and I headed back up to the same area as youth season, north of Alex, about 30 miles. We hunt a WPA that has a series of ponds. Water level was about perfect although it’s low. We were able to wear hunting boots while standing at the edge of cattails.

Saturdays action was good. with the light fog in the early a.m. it seemed to conceal us fairly well. Action was steady, but without wind and high skies the birds were not decoying very well. We ground it out and stuck a fork in it by noon with two mallards and 7 mixed teal.

This morning was simply awesome. We woke to a stiff south wind and the birds were decoying almost perfectly. We shot our five mallards and 7 teal and had the truck packed and on the road just before 9 a.m. It was a really fun shoot for Tyler and I.

Time to give the dog a bath.

deertracker

I was impressed with the amount of birds around and the amount of shooting. If I wasn’t having gun issues I would have done pretty well. I may just turn it into a push pole.
    DT

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Great job men!!

flatlandfowler
    SC/SW MN

Awesome! Looks like you have one happy little hunter on your hands, nice work

deertracker

If this is a regular spot you hunt you should message me next time your up. Ill be down for the pool 2 tourney in a few weeks. Nice shooting.
    DT

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Great job guys! I’m getting pretty hyped this year. Blowing off bow hunting for ducks this year. Our southern zone opens this upcoming weekend. Sat is prostaffing at cabelas then off the marsh for the first time in 20+ years

Sharon
    SE Metro

Great post, and what a fun weekend! I love your dog’s expression in the second picture.

Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.