What kind of duck

• Jake
    Muddy Corn Field

you should see some of the crazy lookin ducks that are hangin around lake winona . they’re definatly a cross bread of a mallard and something, but i’m scared to think of what that something might be. looks nothing like any normal kind of duck i’ve ever seen .

another spot i’ve seen some weirdos over the years has been silver lake. last year there was a goose around for a couple days that had a COMPLETELY white body, but a normal canadian goose neck and head. strangest thing i’ve ever seen.

then there’s always my budy IGOR….the 20 pound greenhead . this thing could put a mask on and cross as a goose any day. i’ve seen him the last two fall/winters at silver lake. he usually hangs around all winter.

has
    Hudson, WI

Yep, Hen Redhead.

has
    Hudson, WI

Yep, Hen Redhead.

flick
    Alma WI

Has anyone ever shot a mature Drake Redhead?? ..I’ve got one before….Boy they are a pretty bird! Just like a Bull Can….Anyone been shootin any banned birds this year? Somehow in a week I got 3 bands…..Opening weekend I shot a double banned drake woody…With one band being a $100 reward band….Then the following tuesday I shot one of the strangest bands I’ve ever seen…Shot a mature drake mallard with a Jack Miner Foundation Band….There was like only 4 shot all last year in Wisconsin!

flick
    Alma WI

Has anyone ever shot a mature Drake Redhead?? ..I’ve got one before….Boy they are a pretty bird! Just like a Bull Can….Anyone been shootin any banned birds this year? Somehow in a week I got 3 bands…..Opening weekend I shot a double banned drake woody…With one band being a $100 reward band….Then the following tuesday I shot one of the strangest bands I’ve ever seen…Shot a mature drake mallard with a Jack Miner Foundation Band….There was like only 4 shot all last year in Wisconsin!

MFO
    Minneapolis, MN

No bands here. I think most of the birds we are getting are locals. Would like to see a push of birds come through.

MFO
    Minneapolis, MN

No bands here. I think most of the birds we are getting are locals. Would like to see a push of birds come through.

killducky
    Fond du Lac, Wisconsin

Thanks Flick for those different duck pics, and I only have shot to banded geese this year and no ducks yet! One even had a orange collar on! And yes that’s a hen red head, I shot 3 this year already on Lake Winnabago!

killducky
    Fond du Lac, Wisconsin

Thanks Flick for those different duck pics, and I only have shot to banded geese this year and no ducks yet! One even had a orange collar on! And yes that’s a hen red head, I shot 3 this year already on Lake Winnabago!

Jake
    Muddy Corn Field

there are about a dozen ducks that look exactly like this one that have been siting on lake winona all summer. some have an almost all white breast. must be some kind of crazy imbread duck.

Jake
    Muddy Corn Field

there are about a dozen ducks that look exactly like this one that have been siting on lake winona all summer. some have an almost all white breast. must be some kind of crazy imbread duck.

yellowdog
    Alma Wi

Just saw a pure white duck coming out of silver lake with some mallards today.

yellowdog
    Alma Wi

Just saw a pure white duck coming out of silver lake with some mallards today.

lenny_jamison
    Bay City , WI

I saw a white one on the Cannon a couple days ago. I just couldn’t bring myself to shoot it.

Gator Hunter

lenny_jamison
    Bay City , WI

I saw a white one on the Cannon a couple days ago. I just couldn’t bring myself to shoot it.

Gator Hunter

Viewing 17 posts - 31 through 47 (of 47 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.