Goose Island

• codycroteau
    La Crosse, WI

Alright, so ive been hearing good reports from hunters over at goose island. Although i live and hunt on french island, i am seriously considering taking the trek to Goose this weekend. It would be a pretty good boat ride (i cant trailer because i cant drive) but i think itd be worth it. i just wanna hear what you guys have to say about hunting at goose and how the ridee there would be. ive never been to goose but i think itd be a fun experience. if you guys could tell me about the area or a general idea of how to get there id appreciate it. i do have a good idea but i just wanna make sure. Thanks a lot Guys

dylan_w.
    La Crosse, WI

The Ride – With this weekend weather report with SNOW in the forcast will definently be a cold one but all you’d have to do is get to the main channel from where ever you are and just ride it all the way south to runnings or where you’re planning on posting up…
    Goose – It is a good spot but always full of hunters and in most cases where you hunt, you see other hunters, or atleast hear them…I normally travel south, south goose or atleast to Stoddard finding the flight very successful! Good luck this weekend!

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

Give’er a try! A co-worker and his crew pounded the greenheads down there over the weekend. Their count on Mallards was well into the double digits.

The Reno Bottoms had a TON of ducks in it 2 weekends ago. Not puddle ducks either. Lots and lots of Mallards and Pintails. Makes me wish I still hunted ducks.

kris_brantner
    My river

Quote:

The Reno Bottoms had a TON of ducks in it 2 weekends ago. Not puddle ducks either. Lots and lots of Mallards and Pintails.

im confused…

dylan_w.
    La Crosse, WI

Quote:

The Reno Bottoms had a TON of ducks in it 2 weekends ago. Not puddle ducks either. Lots and lots of Mallards and Pintails.

Last time I remembered a Mallard was a puddle duck???

codycroteau
    La Crosse, WI

yes mallards are puddle ducks. maybe he made a mistake. you guys dont gotta make sure hes wrong

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.