its april already

• kris_brantner
    My river

so why am i not seeing any pictures of dead white birds?

aitkinguy

????????? good question ????????????

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Anyone been out?

lars
    Rochester, MN

Its been a tough year. Some guys on different sites claim to be doing well, but I just didn’t see it when I was out. Yeah, you could find a pocket of less-pressured birds, but with so many adults and a bunched-up migration, there were just not as many scattered flocks. Every year we have some outstanding shoots, this year was totally different. My buds in SD do major scouting and when I went over there it was a total bismal. Not for a lack of birds mind you, but for a lack of workable birds. Also, for some reason the birds had a hard-on to get north. Last year our best shoot in SD was on April 2nd. After 400 miles of scouting my resources have barely seen any birds in SD as of today. I took 2 4 day trips out there and our group took a total of 77 birds. Usually we would have a 77 bird day.

So it didn’t even cross my mind to take any pics due to my let down of whitey this year.

Jake
    Muddy Corn Field

Just got back late last night. We were in SD until April 2, but jumped into ND last Fri-Sunday. The pressure on the last remaining South Dakota flocks pushed the birds out.

Tough year for sure, but we had some decent shoots. No monster days. Got some sweet photos though……I’ll post em up later!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.