4 weeks….

• Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

I have both bunney boots and Ice kings. Both are plenty warm. Bunney boots are a fraction of the cost of ice kings. My problem with the bunney boots where they hurt my feet after a day of use. Might of had to small of size. I think they are both good products.

Have any of you guys looked at keeping you core temp warmer to help with keeping hands and feet warm. I would think that even if you have good boots a cold core may still cause those outer limbs to feel cool. Need to make sure to keep the sweat away from your torso. get rid of the cotton tee shirts and get a good wicking base layer. Twice so far this year I had forgot to get rid of the t shirt before heading out and found myself getting cold even with all the other cold weather gear. Getting that wet tee shirt off and putting everything else back on and I was good to go. A wet cotton shirt will keep you cold in the winter even if you have the right stuff on over it.

Jake
    Muddy Corn Field

Seriously, that’s it. Wow summer flew. PERFECT!

big_g
    Isle, MN

I am OK wit dat

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Jake get this forum rocking!

Jake
    Muddy Corn Field

Quote:

That statement is highly ironic….for reasons I can not yet discuss.

But anyways, I did a preliminary tour of the stomping grounds on Tuesday. Lots of little ducks that still can’t fly . First year for early season goose over water in the SE zone……that could be fun!

up man
    UP MICHIGAN

I WAS IN GREENBAY LAST WEEKEND AND ON THE WAY SEEN A COOL LITTLE LAYOUT BOAT FOR SALE IN MARINETTE, STOPPED BY ON THE WAY BACK AND HE ONLY WANTED 200 FOR IT HE REALLY DIDNT KNOW WHAT HE HAD, FELT A LITTLE BAD FOR A SECOND OR TWO

mbenson
    Minocqua, Wisconsin

UP MAN: No you didn’t!!!

Jake: Starting to scout the early goose up here as well. With our drought we are seeing things a little differently this year. Just found out one of my good buds just got a job in the Holman/Tremp. area, so might be making it back into that area again earlier in the year. New puppy also, so I can’t wait!!!

Mark

mossyoak
    UP Michigan

A second or 2 no way..what took so long…

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

Welcome to In-Depth Outdoors mossyoak!!!

fishinallday
    Montrose Mn

Quote:

Quote:

That statement is highly ironic….for reasons I can not yet discuss.

But anyways, I did a preliminary tour of the stomping grounds on Tuesday. Lots of little ducks that still can’t fly . First year for early season goose over water in the SE zone……that could be fun!

Don’t start with the cryptic crap Jake. I’ve been waiting all summer to hear about the new toys. (You know what I mean.) Now start spilling the beans. I need a fix.

BTW I get to shoot teal and woodies the middle of september, NoDak in October, then my hunting season starts down here Dec – Jan. I’m starting to like this move.

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Is it time to discuss yet Jake!

Good luck this Fall Jake. Early Goose over the water would be a blast.

Welcome to iDoHunting.com mossyoak!

jonny p
    Waskish, MN

I caught myself walking by a few spots in our fields (rice/barley/wheat) and stopping to look for goood blind spots…ya I’m ready.

Jake
    Muddy Corn Field

20 days till WI early goose……24 till MN early goose.

Saw geese in an un-picked bean field the other day. Could just see their heads sticking up as we drove by.

Was on the river last night. Fishing sucked, but the birds were making themselves known.

Almost time to start riggin new decoys.

fishinallday
    Montrose Mn

Jake, Looks like we have an early goose season down here as well. Starts the 5th and runs till the 30’th. Guess I better get off my but and do a bit of scouting. Let the games begin.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.