Sea duck hunt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• the_hat
    SE Metro

Can I ask what part of Lake Michigan you were on? You can PM me if you don’t want to post it.

thanks

awesome looking birds by the way, I have one mounted from off the Maine coast a few years back with an 11″ tail!

ses
    Mayer, MN

Looks like an awesome trip.

How many boxes of shells did you have to go through before you finally got the hang of the waves? I was watching a TV show the other day and they were hunting in huge rollers and they said they shot a good case between 4 guys before they started killing. Still be awesome.

honda75
    Iowa

We were hunting about 60 miles south of GreenBay, WI. Of the 3 of us that were hunting we each shot about 1 1/2 to 2 boxes of shells to limit out. Problem is 95 percent of the shells were water shots. if their head is up you have to pound them or they will dive 40 to 50 feet and you will loose them!!!!

kris_brantner
    My river

Quote:

We were hunting about 60 miles south of GreenBay, WI. Of the 3 of us that were hunting we each shot about 1 1/2 to 2 boxes of shells to limit out. Problem is 95 percent of the shells were water shots. if their head is up you have to pound them or they will dive 40 to 50 feet and you will loose them!!!!

just 1 or 2 of my diver decoys ( and a few of my friends) have a few holes in them from doing this…. if they land right in the dekes, you still gotta water whack em

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.