Anybody gettin ready?

• Jake
    Muddy Corn Field

Although there’s a lot of snow and it’s still pretty freakin cold out there….March IS no doubt gettin closer by the day…..and you know what that means….SNOW GEESE!!!

anybody getting plans made for this year yet? We spent all day Saturday painting and assembling 340 new silosocks….4 guys, 6 hours, and we’re still only about 1/2 done …..but it reeeeaaaaly got the blood pumpin!!!

We’re finishing up and pulling the trailer out of the snow next weekend. Then we’ll just be waitin patiently to KILL WHITEY!!!

I’ll be in South Dakota 14 days in March….anybody else?

haasjj1975

Heading to Squaw Creek on the 22nd!! Can’t wait. Will be the first hunt on snow geese for both my brother and I. Going through TopGun Guide Service. Any advice?

neckwrecker7

My buddies go through top gun every year and they love it. Got there picture posted in the DU magazine and everything. They sound like they do a great job. just show up and shoot birds. Good luck and let me know if you liked their guide service and how you did

lars
    Rochester, MN

Been gettin ready since May of last year!

jerad
    Otranto, IA/Hager City, WI

ive been ready since canada season closed here in Iowa, ill post some pics from two years ago in SD and last year in MO
    this was from two years ago in SD

jerad

more from SD

jerad

Last year in MO, killed 96 in 3 days, it was ok

jerad

1/2 of the spread

the other half

the zink boys were staying at our hotel

anyone know why im getting small pics from photobucket?

Jake
    Muddy Corn Field

Quote:

Any advice?

My advice…..go for the experince, not for the kill numbers.

Squaw creek that time of year will have a LOT a LOT a LOT of birds….Truly a site to behold…..

Unfortunately that area is known for lots of guides, lots of pressure, and very smart birds….so don’t get frustrated when you’re having to take 40-50yd shots……and you only end the day with a dozen or so on the ground, even though you saw a hundered thousand.

johnksully
    Lakeville, MN

hey jerad.. Does western Iowa get any snow gesse. I have a buddy that is from western IA and his family has a ton of land down there. We usually go to SD but if IA gets birds we would have a place to stay and any pick of field we would want.

johnksully
    Lakeville, MN

Jake which area of SD do you hunt. I think we might end up there for the 3rd. year in a row. I know it’s going to be in March too.

jerad

yeah western Iowa gets some, nothing like the masses in SD or Mo though. SW Iowa stages some at Riverton. Most people that hunt them in Iowa, go to the Riverton area. What town is your friends family from?

johnksully
    Lakeville, MN

Atlantic, IA.

mudcatkid
    On water

I suppose I might go to NE mid march like last year. Most guys were in SD, but plenty of stragglers were still by the KS border.

I miss the snow goose spring breaks during my school life…damn this whole job thing.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.