Water washdown on your skeeter?

• Joe Tenebria

Do any of you guys have a picture or pictures of the water washdown on a 2060,2190 or 2200 thinking about adding it as an option and would love to see how it is setup as my dealer didnt have any with the option in house. He is looking for pictures for me as well but I figured I’d ask you guys if you had any as well. Thanks guys I greatly appreciate it and am soo close to becoming a member of the skeeter fleet!

Ed Lashyro
    NULL

I put one on my 2190. The hose station is in front of the console on the stb side. I put a T on the suction side of the pump intake so I can draw rv anti freeze into the system for winterization. The Raw water intake is thru the hull by the bilge pumps with is also valved for winterization purposes. Double your hose clamps up in case of leaks.
    I can get pics when I get out to the pole barn next week.

Pauleye
    Onamia

I would love to see your pictures.

Musky Ed

My one regret on my new 2200, that I didn’t get the wash down. Looked into it, but didn’t like the factory mounting location where it was mounted in the splashwell. Would have been one more thing to possibly trip over when landing fish when trolling on Lake Michigan. Ed, interested in seeing where you mounted yours. Had one when I had a Skeeter bay boat, and really liked it, Sure wish Skeeter would offer an option to order these boats without carpet, was really nice when returning from fishing with my bay boat, to just take a hose to it and wash it down.

Joe Tenebria

I would also love to see the pictures when you get a chance

Ed Lashyro
    NULL

I’m trying to get photos, might have to do one at a time. I’ll try one and do more if that works

Attachments:
    1. K71NTpD5SkurtilvlRisyw.jpg

Ed Lashyro
    NULL

Attachments:
    1. lEkljaofTY6nr1Ol3KbDLg.jpg

Ed Lashyro
    NULL

2 more

Attachments:
    1. 5yBOWInRiaquBrLnaHPZQ.jpg

2. RQtAIZbDR0mUvtLToxU2Hw.jpg

Ed Lashyro
    NULL

should be the rest

Attachments:
    1. 5HK2E9jbRYGNdiNvv2gg.jpg

2. loAnoJsgS9mt1FmVCY2Gmg.jpg

3. R4Yfa3DCSluwtPgydkaAxw.jpg

4. cvoHdsAIRWFBZjE95EA.jpg

Ed Lashyro
    NULL

last one – sorry for the piece by piece

Attachments:
    1. cvoHdsAIRWFBZjE95EA-1.jpg

Ed Lashyro
    NULL

Busy blowing snow or I would have done the pics sooner. I tried to enter them as one file but I don’t play on the computer enough so its one at a time.

You can see the suction hole on the step of the hull, the isolation valve at the top of the bilge access that is open all summer. (Valve) the suction lines are single clamped and the discharge lines double where I could. The pic of the short water line in the starboard upper locker. The pic shows the valve (The line is tucked up at this time) that stays closed unless sucking rv anti freeze, you cut the zip ties nd pull the line into a gallon jug in the fall. Afterwards shut it right away and open the line in the bilge than your ready to use it in the spring. Also where the hose attaches to the gunwale outlet use an attachment that has a small isolation valve built in it.

Joe Tenebria

Looks great! Yea this snow blows I’m ready for spring and when the fun begins!

Kevin Hines

Mounted one late last season in my 2190. I don’t use the front baitwell or the back baitwell in my boat and have removed the water lines to prevent someone from turning them and getting stored things wet. We mounted the wash down pump on the flat spot inside the back area with the pumps and everything on the side next to the baitwell. Pulled one of the skimmers for that baitwell and redid it to draw water for the washdown pump. The hose connector is mounted in the back facing area of the splash well and works very well. When the hose is connected it will ride in the splash well and never moves when under power. We took the water fill out of the side of the baitwell up on the top inner side and that is where we put the on/off switch. We used a oversized large rotating switch so that it won’t get broken off with people putting planer boards and such in that compartment.

Works great. Royal pain standing on your head in a very small hole to mount the pump. Was a 2 man job for a lot of it. Very pleased with the results. Don’t have any pictures and boat is in storage currently for a few more weeks.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.