Water Temps and Walleyes?

• fish-them-all
    Oakdale, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>fish-them-all wrote:</div>

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Bearcat89 wrote:</div>
    We had a pretty solid day yesterday. Smallies were slower then we expected but the <em class=”ido-tag-em”>walleyes worked well for us.

How were you fishing for the walleyes? We had 54 degree water temps yesterday. Smallies bit ok early then it was dead till 3 pm. Last few hours were good. Only 1 <em class=”ido-tag-em”>walleye rigging big minnows for smallmouth. Boone nabbed 21.25”. Tried trolling after dark for an hour with no action.

They were eating suckers and stick baits. We fished till midnight. Best bite for us was from 7pm to midnight, but we caught fish all day.

Thanks for the info.

ScottPugh
    Rogers / Grand Rapids

I’m heading up Saturday with a neighbor for one last fishing trip unless hunting season ends early and it gets warm. Boat hasn’t been out since July due to being sick in August and trying to catch up on work in September and October.

Planning on heading out of the NW side pulling big minnows during the afternoon then doing some trolling after dark for a few hours.

Assuming low 50’s and maybe even high 40’s for water temp so SLOW SLOW SLOW trolling.

Anything else?

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I’m heading up Saturday with a neighbor for one last fishing trip unless hunting season ends early and it gets warm. Boat hasn’t been out since July due to being sick in August and trying to catch up on work in September and October.

Planning on heading out of the NW side pulling big minnows during the afternoon then doing some trolling after dark for a few hours.

Assuming low 50’s and maybe even high 40’s for water temp so SLOW SLOW SLOW trolling.

Anything else?

I do opposite. Not slow

Bob Ford
    West Side Mille Lacs Lake

Had 48 degrees tonight. Bigger baits worked best.

ScottPugh
    Rogers / Grand Rapids

Was a bit slow last night. Fished from 2-8. Garrison Reef, MirMar, Pike Point and Albans Bay. One 18″ smallie and one 26″ walleye. Had a big smallie come unbuttoned boat side. Nothing on live bait, three fish trolling HJ’S. Had Temps between 51.5 – 48.7. Beautiful last day to get out as I winterized the boat today. Even when the wind picked up it wasn’t bad.

Attachments:
    1. 20211030_164109-scaled.jpg

LabDaddy1

Nice! Thanks for the report, Scott.

At what speeds did you troll those huskies?

Bass Pundit
    8m S. of Platte/Sullivan Lakes, Minnesocold

Fishing Mille Lacs from shore this Fall was trash. My best trip was two fish landed on three bites. I was as likely to get skunked as catch a fish. There just weren’t many catchable-size fish around. I would generally be able to shine a few small walleyes swimming around. I think it was the very low water level that was to blame.

Droptinex2

I agree, I have a place on the south shore and have always been able to catch some fish from shore in the fall. Not a single fish this year in the 4or5 times I tried

Viewing 8 posts - 31 through 38 (of 38 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.