Water spots on black motor

• The SCRATCHER
    spring valley mn

Guys what do you use to remove water spots on my Suzuki t.i.a.

danl

I like like the Ducky’s water spot remover. Don’t be afraid let it soak in a little while. I think it says 5 – 10 seconds but wait up to a minute or so. I also think it works better to use a bath towel and not something softer like microfiber. My boat sits on a a boat lift all season so sometimes when I bring it back in the fall it can take several applications to get rid of the water spots.

Craig Sery
    Bloomington, MN

x2 on Ducky’s. Works great on my black Suzuki

ganderpike
    Alexandria

Simple distilled vinegar dilution with water.

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

Hot sauce works good. Pretty easy to find too

Attachments:
    1. 9899E414-2955-4FB6-BC47-C59301DABE5B.jpeg

Matt Moen
    South Minneapolis

Hot sauce FTW.

Joe

Its easier to keep it clean than get it clean. It’s effortless to wipe down with hot sauce after every use or every few and it will look nice without a lot of work.

Stanley

I waxed my boat and motor first then a quick spray every now and then with some Lucas marine speed wax takes off the water spots. Like mentioned already it’s easier to stay on top of it then try to get them off after they have been on there a long time.

dennis smith

BLACK LUND….50/50 VINEGAR AND WATER. I USE MICRO FIBER CLOTH. WORKS GREAT

Griz

Black G3. 50/50 Vinegar and Water mixture works great for me also.

mojo

I use the vinegar solution to clean water spots on the screen of my Humminbird, just be sure to give it a quick rinse with clean water afterwards.
    For water spots on a black hull, the vinegar solution works if the spots are fresh – less than a couple days old. For stubborn marks though, the gel-type hull cleaners make very easy work of them. Just be sure to rinse well and don’t use it near the water.

Bass Thumb
    Royalton, MN

I’m surprised there’s been no mention of toilet bowl cleaner. It works like a champ if something has been neglected a bit. I apply it with a rag that’s soaked in it, wearing a pair of gloves. The hard water spots come right off. They fizz off, in fact. Keep it away from the plastic hood.

A 50/50 mix of white vinegar and very warm water with a heavy splash of dish soap works great on areas the toilet bowl cleaner would damage, and it’s more reasonable to use for prevention.

Umy
    South Metro

I’m a Hot Sauce water spot remover and then Lucas spray on speed wax – EVERY time i get off the lake, boat and motor.
    I carry a big water bottle ( in case my spray bottle is running out or empty) and a spray bottle along with the Hot Sauce and Speed wax in the bed of the truck. I use a spray bottle for the water to get the boat wet and go from there. The rags stay back there too.
    Yes, it’s a boat and I bought it to use it but no reason not to keep it looking nice and new.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Another vote for Hot Sauce here.

I use several of their products including Hot Sauce, Vinyl Sauce (on the seats), and Condition Sauce. So easy and simple to use. Spray on, wipe off with micro fiber towels.

Netguy
    Minnetonka

What’s happening to the adrogynous men in America these days so afraid of dust in the truckbed and waterspots on the boat motor?

You guys are speaking a foreign language. I don’t understand cleaning water spots off the outboard. whistling

robby
    Quad Cities

Vinegar

This, mix of vinegar and water 50/50 or so, could go lighter on vinegar probably, in a spray bottle. Same thing for wiping down boat, windshield, whatever. Only takes a minute or two at ramp. Much better than scrubbing after it is really dried on. If you are talking about the white lime scale type stuff that normally collects on the lower unit, that is a different baby.

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

If you are talking about the white lime scale type stuff that normally collects on the lower unit, that is a different baby.

Exactly. What do you do with those?

Umy
    South Metro

AS far as
    “What’s happening to the adrogynous men in America these days so afraid of dust in the truckbed and waterspots on the boat motor?” ( you should see my truckbed)

that’s a legitimate joke, toast I get it, I really do.

Apologies for the rant –

I’m a little sensitive these days about being even remotely aligned with our current “wus” culture

but my boat, mower, tools, my truck, my golf clubs ( you get the idea) are all taken care of so they last longer and look nicer. I buy NICE stuff and take care of it because that’s the way I was raised. Leaves me MORE money in the long run to buy and do the tings I want. I don’t keep them clean for resale value – I bought them to use them. I have a beautiful flower garden ( just one corner of it) that I manage and just put new brakes on my F150 ( I know, not tough but my neighbors couldn’t even figure out how to get the tire off I bet – she can’t even get her sign to stand up that says “we are all valuable and loved in a loving …blah, blah, blah…..) I can also fix them when needed, unlike my neighbors who pay someone to pick up their dog’s poop and give away their broken grill because they decide to buy a new one instead ( “it doesn’t light so we can’t use it” ever hear of a a new ignitor? $14 later it’s mine and works beautifully) The same idiots who talk climate change and pollution and save the Box Elder bugs ( yes she and her spouse actively voice this) decide to just throw away their grill cause they can’t figure out how it works. Really, who’s filling up those landfills? You use disposable diapers too….. hmmmm

I have 5 sisters, no brothers – was an uphill struggle all the way )

androgynous
    ăn-drŏj′ə-nəs
    adjective
    1. Having both female and male characteristics; hermaphroditic.
    2. Being neither distinguishably masculine nor feminine, as in dress, appearance, or behavior.
    3. Uniting both sexes in one, or having the characteristics of both; being in nature both male and female; hermaphroditic.

Oh, BTW, my name is NOT Pat devil

Umy
    South Metro

Oooops, apparently I can’t fix stupid cause I didn’t attach the picture……

Umy
    South Metro

Crap! – here’s my man card!!

WTF

Attachments:
    1. Trump-Card.jpg

The SCRATCHER
    spring valley mn

I buy my good items cars,trucks,boats guns,bows for a sole purpose to use without a sh_ _ ton of issues!! To be honest I had to wash my boat becuz the ramp was full of algae and slime, so got it home and cleaned off the year old motor for the 2nd bath the new Suzuki has ever had wow it’s is black I thought better clean it up 😂

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.