Water clarity/temp on Pool 4?

• tom_gursky
    Michigan's Upper Peninsula(Iron Mountain)

Finally getting back to the sacred waters Monday…we were forced to cancel in April due to the floods :(…. Very unusual, in my 20 years fishing Pool 4 to see such high water Oct/Nov. Im sure some of the Saugerama gamg will share a bit of their labors.
    I had made about 60 consecutive pilgrimages until last spring.
    Hoping for some of the IDO oldtimers again out there ) I’m running a Blue/Silver 2018 G3 w a Yammy SHO 115…finally traded the ageless 2003 1750 Fish hawk (Stickers and all )

I’ll be pitching plastics…Like Dean Marshall says, “When that is no longer fun…I’ll know I died!”

Good Fishing!!!!

Attachments:
    1. 6615_1089277876934_1946409_n.jpg

eyeguy507
    SE MN

I was out Wednesday. Water was 49 degrees. Current was strong and clarity was pretty good. I only got a few eater walleye to cooperate. Jigging raps did all the catching for me. Pitching did nothing.

Matt Moen
    South Minneapolis

Can’t speak on 4 but on 2 the water is clearing and temp is about 46. I’m still getting them on cranks but I know the plastic bite seems to be picking up.

You should be hitting it right with the timing!

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

With all the sun last week I found an even 50 on Friday.

tom_gursky

clarity is very important…we can adjust to flow and depth…but when the chocolate milk and leaf debris comes down…its tough to fish upstream.
    50 degrees was always kind of the threshold for plastics to kick in…I’ll post some reports after tomorrow. Thanks Guys!

Matt Moen
    South Minneapolis

Good thing you came this week and not a couple weeks ago….it was soupy with all the rain but it’s dropping a clearing nicely.

Good luck out there!

tom_gursky

Thanks Matt!

fishingadam54

We fished Saturday afternoon and caught 10 walleye and saugers, all by the dam on jigs and minnows. I had 48 degree water temps. River is high and moving. Probably a foot or so of visibility. Pink seem to be our best color

Dean Marshall
    Chippewa Falls WI /Ramsey MN

You will have a excellent trip ! The clarity was a very pleasant surprise to me and the fish are solid, in fact one of the better years I can remember !

Enjoy & have fun !

tom_gursky

Thanks Deano
    We had some cold weather with water temps dropping to 41 on Thurs morning…
    Flow was very swift and pretty much blowing out the Wisc sand…Marked NO sizeable schools of Shad???
    The four of us fished hard…no lunch break even!!! We managed eater Sauger to take home and have a Fish Fry…along with 3-4 19-21″ers. Hair jigs were the 80 percent fav…with a few on blades and plastics.
    Better fishing coming later this month Id guess… But any day on Pool 4 is a GOOD Day! Current seams were hard to find and were not consistent due to high flow. Everyone was tight to the shoreline…including the fish )

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.