Warrior 1890BT with F90 Yamaha

• Calvin Svihel
    Northwest Metro, MN

Was able to get the boat/motor combo out late last week for some prop testing with Yamaha, while we are awaiting for the performance bulletin I wanted to share what I found.

25 gallons of fuel
    3 batteries
    2 people
    80lb Minn Kota Vantage
    Aluminum 13.25×17 prop

Hole shot was good, mid-range showed plenty of power, and WOT found us consistently over 36mph for the load mentioned above. It will be interesting to see the numbers that the performance bulletin shows in 500rpm increments starting at 1000 rpms in regards to fuel consumption, however I did notice the fuel gauge hardly moved after an afternoon of motor break-in and 5 different props. I found that the boat handled very well with the Yamaha F90, felt very much in control with the 90hp and the 18’3″ tiller.

Next time on the water I will get more “fishing” numbers, such as forward trolling and back trolling with the F90. We have also added an edge plate to this setup, will report back soon!

john-o
    Hastings, MN

Cal

I’m pretty sure I saw this 1890BT at the Skeeter show last weekend. I was curious as to why you added the foil to the 90? Were the specs you quoted – before or after the foil?

Thanks

Fife
    Ramsey, MN

Cal

I’m pretty sure I saw this 1890BT at the Skeeter show last weekend. I was curious as to why you added the foil to the 90? Were the specs you quoted – before or after the foil?

Thanks

Explained at the 1:15 mark of this video.

Calvin Svihel
    Northwest Metro, MN

Cal

Thanks

Foil is added for better hole shot as well as keeping you on plane at lower speeds. Specs were quoted before foil was added.

roosterrouster
    Inactive
    The "IGH"...

“Ballpark” this boat’s $$$ please…Boat/Motor/Trailer only for ease of the projected cost. Sure is beautiful…RR

Calvin Svihel
    Northwest Metro, MN

“Ballpark” this boat’s $$$ please…Boat/Motor/Trailer only for ease of the projected cost. Sure is beautiful…RR

Ballpark is low 40’s depending on options.

JMP1890

Cal,

Do you have data on the different props you tested? If so would you be willing to share the data?

Calvin Svihel
    Northwest Metro, MN

Cal,

Do you have data on the different props you tested? If so would you be willing to share the data?

I was able to run with the Yamaha Prop guy when we were running performance testing. Attached is a link for his findings.

I have not been back on the water to get the “fishing” numbers yet, but here is the performance bulletin Yamaha created on the boat.

Warrior 1890 Performance Bulletin

dandorn
    M.I.N.N.E.S.O.T.A.

Hi Cal,

Who makes the plate on the F90?

Thanks

huskerdu

I don’t understand why you would have to add a plate?
    Lack of power? Back end of boat heavy?

Mocha
    Park Rapids

Hey Cal great looking boat!

Was wondering if you noticed what low end speed you were able to still keep the boat on plane with the Edge Plate on?

THX

Calvin Svihel
    Northwest Metro, MN

Hi Cal,

Who makes the plate on the F90?

Thanks

We use a plate called “The Edge”

I don’t understand why you would have to add a plate?
    Lack of power? Back end of boat heavy?

The plate allows you to hop up on plane faster and keep you on plane at a slower speed to handle rough water driving. Basically acts as a bigger cavitation plate

Hey Cal great looking boat!

Was wondering if you noticed what low end speed you were able to still keep the boat on plane with the Edge Plate on?

THX

I don’t remember the speed, however that is something on my list for me to check under my next “fishing” test.

Attachments:
    1. edge-plate.jpg

bullcans
    Northfield MN

Awesome presentation!
    What is the max HP that that transom is rated for? 90 HP?

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Yes, 90 hp max as of a few years ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.