wapsi

• A7Xfan78

i was also curious to see if anybody is fishing below the dams on the wapsi. i didnt know if anything would be biting yet or if it needs more time.

eyetracker
    waterloo Ia

Not too sure of your location, but the independence area is good after ice out behind the dairy queen. Green glitter twisters has been very sucessful for me in the past. Have not been there in quite sometime, however I know there are good eyes in that river Good luck and let us know how you do where ever you go Eye

flatheadsareus

I have fished the stretch below indpendence for eyes and smallies and at the dq hole, i have also fished at quasiqueton, I was just wondering if anyone could PM me or let me know some more remote areas on the wapsi that might be worth me giving a shot this spring. Any ideas would help. thank you

mossydan
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Central city below the dam and then from there all the way downriver to the railroad bridge and fish below that too, anywhere else and you need a very small jon and motor or a canoe. The hole below the railroad bridge is about 10′ deep and they have gotten some really decent ones below it. From the main bridge right in town too the railroad bridge the deepest part of the river is on the west side and all rocks, that area is all good.

twoskneb
    Cedar Rapids, IA

hey all,
    fished the wapsi under the dam in anamosa today. No fish. I had no signs of fish, bites or looks, and did not see any of the other 4-6 anglers come close either. Water was real cold and real dirty. Tried jigs w/ various plastics, and an xrap,others were using minnows. Im thinking in a couple more days the bite will pick up a bit.
    -bob

A7Xfan78

yeah i went out to quaski and troy mills with the same results. There were still people ice fishing the back waters at Troy, and both places still have ice reaching out into the main channel of the river. No fish, no bites, nothing

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.