Pretty darned slow

• mossydan
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Is anyone fishing the wapsi, we tried everything in the book this morning and didn’t even get a hit. Got any ideas on whats going on lately, moon phases, pressure, thier not even following in clear water like they normally do. Anyone have any reports on the rivers around here in iowa.

bigesox
    Cedar Falls, Iowa

I zeroed on the Shell Rock yesterday, but I think that was due to siltation. I went to a place I hadn’t been all year and it was all filled in with sand. Water was very clear. If the structure had been there I think the fish would have been there too.

When I find the holes the fish have been there lately. What a nice day it was yesterday. Keep trying, I’m sure the full moon and the clear water mean the night bite is on.

01bullitt
    Cedar Falls, IA

Fished the Cedar above the dam in Waverly yesterday. Water was clear and it was calm for the most part. Had a few bites trolling for walleye and pulled a 3lb smalley from a concrete piling.. pretty slow! No one else talked to did too hot, either.

flatheadsareus

Was all pumped to hit the cedar with my father yesterday.. given the recent bite I thought we would have good luck.. found out otherwise 5 small eyes and 1 smallie in 2 hours. Dont know what the word is, anyone been fishing the wapsi in independance?

traumatized
    eastern iowa

Fished the Wapsi below Anamosa Thursday. One 20″ walleye and a 6lb Buffalo. It was slooooooow.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.