Wapsi Eyes

• andyjcraig
    Iowa City, Iowa

Hit the Wapsi on Sunday with a buddy for 3 hours and I have never caught more walleyes in my life. We caught 115 walleyes that were all 10-16″. We probably had 40-50 between 13 and 16″ but didn’t keep any. It was one of those days that was just easy so i can’t say exactly where b/c they are way too vulnerable right now. After pounding them on 1/8-1/4 oz jigs w/ the brightest chartreuse you had for a while, we started using jigging raps on light rods. they pounded them. Kind of had to make up for the lack of ice fishing. this pic is early in the day at count =~35 when i got my first on a rap. pretty small but we caught some nicer ones too. should’ve took pics but we were sure we’d catch a bigger one sooner or later. Hit the deep water on the wapsi right now and you will find aggressive fish.

Andy

andyjcraig
    Iowa City, Iowa

just realized that could look like a typo. that’s: one hundred and fifteen walleyes.

luke_haugland
    Iowa City, Iowa

Hey Andy thanks for calling me back that morning!
    No, I was too sick to go anyways!
    Next time though..

eye-full
    Waterloo,Ia,USA

Thanks for the report, sounds like you had fun.

Kolby

Holly Cow what a report, those are the days that last in our memories, sounds like you guys are dialed in about as well as a guy could get. Keep ’em coming!

Kolby Kester

andyjcraig
    Iowa City, Iowa

Is that “Iowa Walleye” Kolby?

Thanks for checking the report!

Andy

walleye_wisdom
    Big Sky Country Helena, MT (Adel, IA home)

Ca you give a general area you were in? The river looks pretty big where you are. The Wapsi up here around Independence doens’t look that large.

dandrews
    Jesup, Iowa

Hey Walleye,
    How have you been doing on the walleyes around your area? Been out much?

andyjcraig
    Iowa City, Iowa

WW, check your private messages.

andyjcraig
    Iowa City, Iowa

I’m just posting this so i can change my profile pic. This is a 26 incher from the wapsi last fall.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.