Wapsi

• Spyder
    Victor, Iowa

Heading for the Wapsi Thursday night! Going to start at Quaqueton going to TroyMills. Will post a report of how we do Saturday,when I get home. Any last suggestions or tips before we head out would be great?! We’ve got crawdads,shiners,crawlers and crankbaits.

JimL2
    Rochester, Mn

I lived down in Independence last summer and did very well throwing jigs with leeches or twisters or crawlers. But throwing a #11 or #13 floating rap was by far my best producer. I was a ble to catch some decent sized walleyes or bass or pike on it. It was pretty much a guarantee for me that I would catch some fish while throwing it. On some of the deeper current breaks a #5 shad rap or a deeper running Bomber long A crankbait would produce some nice fish for me also. There was plenty of submerged timber and nice current breaks in that stretch of river last year and they should still be there this year. When you find them just keep throwing your lures at em and changing up to find what the fish want. The pool above the damn at Troy Mills has some nice sized pike in it so maybe before you start your float you might want to try that little area first. It sat right above the damn on the south side of the rive. Have fun and let us know how you do.
    Jim L

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.