Indy Wapsi Bassin

• bassbaron
    eldridge, ia

Anybody been on the wapsi in Independence lately? I am going to my in laws at some point this weekend and might try to wet a line in there. Would like to target smallies from the dam down to the dairy queen area. Thanks in advance.

eye-full
    Waterloo,Ia,USA

Haven’t been there lately, been getting things lined up for bow season . I did pick some up earlier in the summer(thread below this one).Good fishing.

Hersh
    Iowa

Fished below Quasqueton and Central City on Tuesday. Caught Smallies 14″ to 17″ on Bandit crankbaits. Water is dark in color and the river is dropping.

Gianni
    Cedar Rapids, IA

Thought about fishing CC today, but hit much skinnier water (nearby) instead. Bass are on a tear just about everywhere from what it sounds like. I would expect you’ll do well.

If you can’t find many in Independence, it’s only a fifteen minute drive down to Quasky.

bassbaron
    eldridge, ia

Well, success was marginal at best- I only got about 2 hours on the water, hit the bridge then the corner up river up to the roller dams and finally the spillway area. Caught several short smallies (10-12″). It was fun to do a little wading, its been awhile. Fish seemed to be hitting a little of everything, but by far the most hits came on a shallow diving crankbait in chart-white. Had a nice one on – maybe 16″ but the current and his strength got the best of me. Back down south now for some more small lake and big river fishing.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.