wanted… looking for old canoe

• G_Smitty
    New Richmond, WI

All – I’ve been watching several ‘for sale’ apps recently but not finding what I’m looking for. I’m finishing out my new garage and want to hang an inverted canoe over the workbench/bar, that’s been fitted with some lights. I’d prefer an old wooden canoe with the ribbing, etc but would consider fiberglass or aluminum. Of course, since it will be hanging upside down in my garage, it doesn’t need to be sea-worthy! Posted a pic of something similar… If anyone has an old canoe that’s getting in your way, let me know…

Attachments:
    1. 9a1f1bbb56f164cb7e4071237d8942b4-nautical-lighting-rustic-lighting.jpg

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

Glenn,
    Contact Urban BoatBuilders. Great non-profit that may have what you are looking for.

http://urbanboatbuilders.org/boats/boats-for-sale

Pete

X2 on Urban Boatbuilders. I was a volunteer there for a few years.

I got lucky and found one here on IDO.

Check out the sweet 1950’s boat cushion!

Also Glen, there’s a vintage boat show in White Bear Lake every Father’s day.
    Lots of collector’s that could be of help.

Attachments:
    1. 15923130812068124481346673744501.jpg

ClydeSDale
    Lakeland, MN

How about a 15′ Sawyer fiberglass that has been in “protective custody” since we loaned it (NEVER lend ANYTHING you are not prepared to LOSE) to a cousin’s son for a canoe trip. It seems the canoe trip was down the rock infested Snake River. Not a place to take a borrowed canoe let alone a borrowed fiberglass canoe.

Put duct tape over the damaged but readily repairable keel and protected the tape with an aluminum channel with the thought in mind to repair it when I got around to it. Never got around to it and it has been years.

Attachments:
    1. Sawyer-Photo.jpg

ClydeSDale
    Lakeland, MN

Hi Glenn,
    As requested, here’s some shots of the inside. Thankfully it wasn’t full of bees! It’s a fiberglass canoe, what can I say? Now that the subject of this canoe has come up my wife wants me to repair it (memories, memories) and give it to my granddaughter … which I do not want to do! I’m still working on my long neglected 16′ Crestliner.

Attachments:
    1. Sawyer-Photo-4.jpg

2. Sawyer-Photo-3.jpg

3. Sawyer-Photo-2.jpg

Tony Perkl

We have a handmade 17ft cedar strip canoe with trailer. It has never seen water.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.