Walleyes out of Deep Water

• 1hl&sinker
    On the St.Croix

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>brian_peterson wrote:</div>
    Every single fish I saw on Mille Lacs this summer that has been a floater was a Tully. People waaay over exaggerate the hooking mortality on eyes.

X2, it happens every year. “there are dead walleyes all over Mille Lacs” Nope, they are tullies, look closer doah

I did not know this was Millacs thread about tullibess?

brian_peterson
    Eagan, MN

You’re right, it’s not…there was a reference about fishing deep walleyes on Mille Lacs earlier in thread.

1hl&sinker
    On the St.Croix

Tournament anglers are some of the strongest proponents of preserving the resource

Well for being their choice at a “livelihood” I would hope so and I would like to think anyone that uses a resource would be ” strongest proponents” to preserve the resource.

So, being “strongest proponents” what do tournament goers expect to get besides the chance to make money off a resource we all build?
    kinda like building a stadium.

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

A wise man once said, if you want a million dollars fishing tournaments, start off with 2 million….. coffee whistling coffee

-J.

sticker
    StillwaterMN/Ottertail county

Well I am glad I could help you figure it out.

PS: try spell check once in a while rotflol

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

Every single fish I saw on Mille Lacs this summer that has been a floater was a Tully. People waaay over exaggerate the hooking mortality on eyes.

FWIW, most floaters I have seen have been tullibee but I have seen a few walleyes floating as well (yes I looked close enough)…however not enough that I would exaggerate a high hooking mortality. Saw a couple pike floating too.

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

The thread is concern about hooking mortality from walleyes taken from deep water. The Mille Lacs comments were related to that and the observation of dead walleyes compared to dead tullibees. Just part of the discussion is all.

Well for being their choice at a “livelihood” I would hope so and I would like to think anyone that uses a resource would be ” strongest proponents” to preserve the resource.

So, being “strongest proponents” what do tournament goers expect to get besides the chance to make money off a resource we all build?
    kinda like building a stadium.

Isn’t every business in the fishing related industry looking to make money off the resource? Can’t just single out tournaments as the only one’s.

Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.