Walleyes near lincoln nebraska

• zachary Wietzema

I know most people on this site are from either minnesota or wisconsin. As am I, but i am in lincoln going to college. does anyone have any info on some good walleye spots this winter. not looking for trophy fish. just where i can catch a few. Thanks!

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Goooo Biggggg Reeeddddddd! Looks like Bluestem would be the closest option to Huskerville. Here’s a list of NE Walleye lakes:

There are healthy populations of walleye in many of the major lakes including Bluestem Lake, Box Butte Reservoir, Branched Oak Lake, Calamus Reservoir, Conestoga Lake, Davis Creek Reservoir, Elwood Reservoir, Enders Reservoir, Glenn Cunningham Lake, Harlan County Reservoir, Harry Strunk Lake, Hugh Butler Lake, Jeffrey Lake, Johnson Lake, Kimball Reservoir, Lake Maloney, Lake McConaughy, Lake Minatare, Lake Ogallala, Lake Wanahoo, Lewis And Clark Lake, Medicine Creek Reservoir, Merritt Reservoir, Oliver Reservoir, Pawnee Lake, Red Willow Reservoir, Sherman Reservoir, Sutherland Reservoir, Swanson Reservoir, Wagon Train Lake, Wehrspann Lake, Whitney Lake and Willow Creek Lake.

Matt Moen
    South Minneapolis

I second that….GO BIG RED!!!

When I lived in Omaha we pulled them out of Branched Oak. Mcconaughy has them but it’s 4 hours from Lincoln.

If you get a weekend head up to the sand hills near valentine. Not sure on walleye up there but good pike and bass fishing.

Never heard of walleye caught in the Missouri River but they are north near Sioux City so maybe ask around. The platte can be a real mixed bag. Get some waiters when the water is low and you’ll find a bit of everything in there.

There are a bunch of private lakes near Omaha stocked with walleye but you gotta no where they are and probably sneak in. I wouldn’t know anything about that, though.

Matt Moen
    South Minneapolis

I would also add that you might not get ice….lotta years we never had fishable ice.

Aaron Drier

Look up the stocking report for saugeyes, the state has been putting those in some smaller reservoirs.

Buffalo Fishhead

There are several lakes around Lincoln (called the Salt Valley Reservoirs) that have walleye. Take a look at this website, you may get some info:

https://www.nefga.org/

You could also call the Nebraska Game & Parks office there in Lincoln and talk to a guy named Daryl Bauer, he can get you started. Daryl goes by the handle “whitetips” when he posts on the website above.

Buffalo Fishhead

Denny O
    Central IOWA

I know most people on this site are from either minnesota or wisconsin. As am I, but i am in lincoln going to college. does anyone have any info on some good walleye spots this winter. not looking for trophy fish. just where i can catch a few. Thanks!

I’m just asking here, and I mean no harm. toast

May I have your address so I may send you a sympathy card? rotflol

Denny O
    Central IOWA

Zac , just a college jab, my friend.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.