Walleyes and AIS

• Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Link to Full Report

“The overall goal of this project is to assess the impacts of invasive zebra mussels on walleye in Minnesota lakes. Zebra mussels profoundly impact lake ecosystems, but their impacts on walleye are not well-known, and likely vary among lakes. We will investigate the impacts of zebra mussels on walleye and identify lakes that are most vulnerable to negative impacts by focusing on three specific objectives related to recruitment, food web dynamics, and mercury concentrations.”

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

As an armchair biologist and self proclaimed Mille Lacs fishery expert, it’s my opinion this study is bunk. </s>

tornadochaser

Water clarity increases. Weedlines get thicker and run out deeper. Some walleyes stay in the weeds all summer. Some move out deep much sooner than before the lake was infested. Many fishermen will complain that the zebs ruined the walleye bite because they are slow to figure out the changes.

My observations fishing Minnewaska since zebs were announced about 7 years ago.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

As an armchair biologist and self proclaimed Mille Lacs fishery expert, it’s my opinion this study is bunk. </s>

I peer reviewed this statement and found it to be 100% true.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

I’m interested in knowing the “why” to your thoughts BW?

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

Because we all know that AIS and climate change are hoaxes to pry us from our money and freedom.

Kidding aside, it’s refreshing to see some real scientific research rather than anecdotal accounts from self proclaimed experts. I just hope this type of information is used to make decisions and pass legislation rather than over reactive politicians with personal interests.

onestout
    Hudson, WI

Musky and SM bass are plotting together and released the zeebs to aid them in their takeover of ML. All part of their master plan to dethrone walleyes as ML favorite fish.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Using stable isotope analysis, researchers documented a high degree of variability in the resources supporting all life stages of walleye shock shock shock shock shock

OK! got it. roll

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.