12TH ANNUAL

WALLEYE TOURNAMENT

“POOH BEAR” OPEN

In Memory of Paul “Pooh” Martin

1965-1998

Walleye Tournament: Saturday June 5th, 7:30-3:30pm

Red Wing, MN. Izaak Walton Club, Mississippi River

Only 100 boats Allowed this Year!!

Almost $40,000 donated to local charitable needs to Date!

Trophies & CASH prizes given to the top anglers + HUGE Prize Raffle & Door Prizes

Other very large PRIZE Raffles donated by local businesses. LOTS TO WIN ! Banquet to follow tournament, 4:00pm-12am at Elks Lodge, Red Wing, MN

Please Register by Sunday, May 23, 2009

$35.00 Per Person – by Registration Date (includes dinner)

$45.00 Per Person after May 23th

Matt Schmidt 651-764-5584 or Greg Anderson 651-388-9813

Send checks to:

Greg Anderson, 925 Carol Dr. Red Wing, MN 55600

All proceeds to benefit local charitable needs organizations (ex.) RW Wildlife Protective League Scholarship Fund or RW Amateur Hockey Association in name of

Paul “POOHBEAR” Martin

In event of severe inclement weather, the fishing contest will be held on Sunday, June 6th and all other tournament activities will be held at Elks Lodge, Saturday, June 5th starting at 4:00 pm. Tune to KCUE

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

POOH BEAR OPEN TOURNAMENT RULES

1) All Contestants will leave Izaak Walton Club at 7:30 a.m. TRAILERING YOUR BOAT WILL NOT BE ALLOWED . Launch at Colvill, BayPoint, or elsewhere. Please keep your live well doors open while waiting until take-off.

2) Fishing waters are permitted from Lock & Dam 3 to Lock & Dam 4; Track to Track.

3) All Contestants MUST be at the weigh-in site by 3:30. ABSOLUTELY no later.
    Weigh-in site is Izaak Walton Club and will open at 2:00.

4) PLEASE RESPECT THE NO-WAKE ZONES!!! WE GET A LOT OF PRESSURE OVER THIS ISSUE

5) Each boats limit of fish is 5 Fish; Walleyes or Sauger; 15” Minimum. Otherwise ALL MN Fishing/Boating regulations apply.

6) Please be SAFE & RESPECTFUL of all boaters & fisherman.

7) You may have more than two paid entrants in one boat; however, you still may only weigh-in 5 fish.

8) Promoters, tournament directors and organizations assisting in the Tournament Operations – their agencies, agents etc. are NOT responsible for deaths, injuries, damages, liability, theft, fire or any kind of loss to entrants. By fishing in the tournament you acknowledge this fact.

9) Every rule has a “loophole”. It is our intention to provide an honest, sportsmanlike event. The “spirit of the rule” will prevail in all judgment cases.

10) Any tournament held after June 1st MUST be a “KILL” tournament. Therefore, you
    CANNOT release your fish at the weigh-in site. We could lose our permit.

11) Payouts for the tournament are ALWAYS determined the day of the event, based solely on the number of entrants…it has usually been $500 for 1st Place and paid down from there…it just depends on how many boats we have.

12) Please remember to be safe, remember why we are here today, and most of all…

HAVE A GREAT TIME FISHING – GOOD LUCK!!!!

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

$35.00 per Fisherman by Registration Date

$45.00 per Fisherman after May 23th.

Please enclose registration form and check

(Make check payable to: Red Wing Wildlife League) and mail to:

Greg Anderson

925 Carol Dr.

Red Wing, MN 55066

Any questions call:

Matt Schmidt 651-388-6254

Greg Anderson 651-388-9813

List all fishermen names, addresses and phone numbers.

1._________________________________________________________

2._________________________________________________________

3._________________________________________________________

 Total # of Fisherman ($35.00 each): _____

After May 23th ($45.00 each): _____

 Total money enclosed:

redneckjr
    Rosemount, MN

Any idea on how many boats are youing to be in it this year?

rsballar6941
    Minnesota

Anyone looking for a partner for this tourney? I am patiently waiting for a job opportunity to make its appearance but in the meantime figured i would try and fish some of these local tournaments that seem so interesting! Please PM me if interested

huntfishhastings
    Hastings, MN

Is it going to be one flight again this year? That was nuts coming out of there last year! If I remember right that was around 60 some boats.

ducksmuggler
    Red Wing, MN

yep shot gun start again.. and we are at around 70 boats as of tonight.

crankybait
    Mound,MN

I will work on it..sorry my brother has the official results..i recall first place was 5 fish 30.5 second was 27.5 for 5 fish..and there was some very nice weights overall..THANK YOU EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!anyone got the results or recall names..feel free!!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.