Lake Wissosta FLW roll call

• KirtH
    Lakeville

How many IDO’rs are going if they are able to?

See you there

jhalfen

(sigh of relief)

walleyewacker18
    Rice Lake, WI

I am 53 on the list for the Co side. If I get asked I will be there. What are my chances and how do I let them know I want to go if I can?

revermann
    Rice, MN

I will be there as a Co!!!

dustym
    Forest Lake, MN

Walleyeking77
    Eau Claire Wisconsin

I am wondering how a local can fish that tournament? How do you get signed up as a co angler?

jhalfen

It’s by invitation only. You must qualify for the event by fishing in the FLW league (top 30 boaters and co-anglers in each of the 4 divisions).

Jason Sullivan
    Chippewa Falls, WI

Quote:

I am 53 on the list for the Co side. If I get asked I will be there. What are my chances and how do I let them know I want to go if I can?

Past has shown they digger deeper on the boater side than co-angler side. The boaters have a bigger commitment to participate.

I hope you do get in.

Sully

dave53
    Altoona, WI

I’ll be fishing on the Co side. We got one fish on Bemidji to put me in the top 30. We lost a second one at the boat that would have put us in the money.

icefishingelite
    Leinies WI

How does one go about becoming a spotter or helper for the tournament a cpl buddies of mine volunteered for the elite 50 on wissota. They had dinner with the pros and a bunch of free stuff. I mainly just wanna meet the pros

If this is invitation tourney are there ne qualifiers left?

ptrson_lund
    Upper Midwest

sitting in 33rd as a Co…
    just needed one legal to rest easy and make it in the top 30. (was sitting in 6th before Bemidji)

Any idea when I might get “the call” to see if I want to participate?

KirtH
    Lakeville

No spottors just co anglers fishing also, you would have to fish the season next year and hope to qualify, meet the pros TEAM J SQUARED I heard will be handing out autographs

jhalfen

Len, “the call” often comes late….like the week before the event. At least that’s how it worked the last time I was close.

I really wish they would fill the field as early as possible. This year, with Michigan still going through qualifiers in the third week of August, “the calls” will not be made until well into September. But that’s just a guess.

My guess is that at 33, you’ll get the call. I got called last time around when I was 36 or 38 on the boater side, but I declined to go.

wimwuen
    LaCrosse, WI

You may be able to hook up with a boater for some prefishing even though you can’t get in the tournament.

Post your availablity on a few fishing sites and I bet you’ll get a few boaters looking for an extra few lines in the boat.

ptrson_lund
    Upper Midwest

Thanks Jason. I will plan accordingly!

Fife
    Ramsey, MN

Len, I would say you’re in at 33. Two years ago I got a call at 42 as a co and last year I made the top 30 and got in. I bet they’ll be going down the list on the boater side too.

Good luck to everyone fishing!

sst169
    Lake City, MN.

I will also be there as a boater. Finished 23rd for the season. Like you Jason boated the first fish with a big sigh.

See you at Wissota
    Terry Filkins
    NPAA #180

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.