Chisago City, MN 19.69 5 25.00 5 15.00 5 9.94 5 69.63 20

8 Barry Walker

Big Springs, NE 15.88 5 22.63 5 23.75 5 7.06 3 69.31 18

9 Rick Zachowski

Milwaukee, WI 40.00 5 12.31 4 11.38 5 5.19 3 68.88 17

10 Perry Good

Eagan, MN 21.63 5 14.13 5 25.25 5 4.13 2 65.13 17

jhalfen

I wonder if Randy will still talk to me, now that he’s a big shot and everything.

Congrats Randy on the terrific finish!

And congrats also to Nick and Scott on their great tournaments

wkw

Congrats Randy !! I was rootin’ for ya all day !!
    WKW

big-bird
    Prescott, WI

Congrats; to Randy, Nick and Scott.

burnswas
    lake city mn

great job guys

stuart
    Mn.

Way to do it Nick and Randy.Congrats to you both.

camodm
    Wisconsin

Congrats to all the guys from the Skeeter Boat Center. Great job.

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

Congrats Nick, Randy, & Scott
    Great to see three local boys in the top ten!

I drew Pete Harsh on day 3 what a great guy I had a blast and learned alot from him, thanks for the day on the water Pete it was an honor to share a day on the water with you!

hookem_9
    Hastings, MN

I saw some pics of you and Pete on WC liveleaderboard section. It was fun following it…

big shooter
    HAGER CITY, WI

Way to go guys, Wait till you see the Wallmart Jersey Randy had on. The old river rat looked out of place. :rotflma

Jesse Krook
    Y.M.H.

Quote:

Way to go guys, Wait till you see the Wallmart Jersey Randy had on.

I seen that He sure picked that sponsor up quickly

KirtH
    Lakeville

Blue is definitly his color

stuart
    Mn.

Quote:

, Wait till you see the Wallmart Jersey Randy had on. :rotflma

Cashes a nice check and still shops at Wallmart

mark strickland
    Hager City WI

Great Job Randy!! And I’m sure you didn’t do what Ted did and go to others fishing holes and fish where they fished for three days! Seems Ted just followed the others and fished their tourney day fishing spots. How he can take any credit for what he found and did is really disgusting. JMHO

John Gildersleeve
    Frazee,MN

That is the way several Pro-fishermen operate. The problem is that it works, so they do it.

docfrigo
    Wisconsin

Wonder if Randy will get a Walmart wrap for his Lund–I heard contract negotiations were in the works!

Jeremy

Jesse Krook
    Y.M.H.

Quote:

and still shops at Wallmart

NO NO you got it all wrong…… ” Clean up in aisle 4 ”

nice smock

LazyEyez
    Arcadia, WI

Quote:

Great Job Randy!! And I’m sure you didn’t do what Ted did and go to others fishing holes and fish where they fished for three days! Seems Ted just followed the others and fished their tourney day fishing spots. How he can take any credit for what he found and did is really disgusting. JMHO

Because I personally know 75% of the quality spots up and down Pool 4 it is considered a different anglers hole if I fish it when it is open. Have we thought about the possibility that many spots are determined by boat draw. Spots turn on/off as fish move and spawn. I hardly doubt Ted is tail-piper. Ted has been a regular on the river for years and he was due.

Jesse Krook
    Y.M.H.

Post deleted by jjkrooked

bzzsaw
    Hudson, Wi

Some of these comments are very funny. SOUR GRAPES comes to mind.

I’m sure we’re gonna read about Lund dropping their sponsorship of Ted in tomorrows news paper because of the blistering letters they are going to receive.

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

Quote:

Ted and his group moved in on “THE SPOT” at around noon they pushed 2 or 3 other tourney fisherman out of this spot so YES Ted was tailpiping and he can take no credit for pulling off the win on his own.

This I would like to see! I find it hard to believe that ANYONE would let another fisherman “Push” them out of a spot. I would bet sour grapes has a lot to do with it. Ted is an aggressive fisherman as anyone. This is competetive fishing at it’s best and he outfished a large field. As good as you feel your information is, it is still second hand info at best. There are channels to go through with the FLW if someone wants to complain. Let’s see what comes out of it before Ted gets condemned by the lynch mob.

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

Quote:

Facts to ponder

Opinions to ponder maybe.

Jesse Krook
    Y.M.H.

Once again Congrats to ALL the winners regardless of the situation (like my original post stated)

John Gildersleeve
    Frazee,MN

Tail piping is hard to deal with. This happens more often then it should. Some are more obvious and some are not when doing this. My best suggestion is to find appropriate ways to counteract the idiots that do this. I usually go into battle mode and maintain my position even if it means bumping boats. If you really would like to get them, throw a marker and make them abide by the rules stated from FLW. If they don’t, you call them in on the water and have Sonny deal with them. Trust me, he will deal with them.

webstj
    Mazeppa, MN

Well eventually those types of anglers that like to creep get names for themselves like “Team Follow” etc, so it doesnt go unnoticed to the field. It’s unfortunate that knowbody does anything about it. That is one of the great things about the former PWT is there was a demand for that respect. Even a mention during the meeting about pushing for spots would be nice. I agree with the flight arrangements and dont think spots should be reserved but the first boat there should prevail and why the heck in a spot like that wouldnt you toss the bouy!

mark strickland
    Hager City WI

LAZY EYEZ. Again it is my opinion by all the issues involved. That Ted and his crew worked in an unsportman like manner.I would not call Ted and his crew tailpipers thats your word. My opinion is that they broke rules of Sportsmanship.If you had all the information you may have a diffrent opinion. Thank you for your thoughts

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Quote:

LAZY EYEZ. Again it is my opinion by all the issues involved. That Ted and his crew worked in an unsportsman like manner.I would not call Ted and his crew tailpipers thats your word. My opinion is that they broke rules of Sportsmanship.If you had all the information you may have a diffrent opinion. Thank you for your thoughts

No offense, but this is an old, old argument. If you visited walleye central after just about every tourney, this thread comes up. It’s just different depending on who won. It’s always those guys cheating that win.

I don’t know what happened on the river, nor do I care. I’m NOT defending Ted or his team. I’m simply stating unless you were competing against these guys with your hard earned dollars, nobody has the right to sit on the internet and bi_ch in my opinion. Only the fellow competitors can file formal complaints with the tourney director. He will then rule whether “cheating” is going on. Cheating in our eyes may not be the same in the rules interpretation of the tourney director???

Again, I have no idea what happened on the river this past week, but I do know I see this same thread over and over again with never a disqualification by a tourney director. It wasn’t long ago some of our most beloved members were very wrongly accused. That has caused some hard feelings that may never be gotten over.

John Gildersleeve
    Frazee,MN

It is obvious that it does happen time in and time out and the rules are not in place to help solve the problem. People are [censored]-en because they are getting tired of it. Sooner or later the tournament directors will have to be more aggressive on dealing with it or the other angler will take things into their own hands and things will get ugly.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 41 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.