Border Challenge

• Zach H

Is anyone on here participating in the Annual Border Challenge on Big Stone Lake? It is an event that I look forward to every year. It usually is bitter cold and extremely windy conditions, but for some reason I love every bit of it. It was canceled last year due to ice not being out in time. I cannot wait for it to come! It sounds like the ice is well on its way to being off in time to run!

gixxer01
    Avon, MN

You’ll need to enlighten me.

bigpike

Yup, spill your guts

Zach H

It is a walleye tournament that the Big Stone Walleye Club puts on every year. It lands on the last weekend of April every year. I believe they typically have 125 boats in the tourney. They call it the border challenge because there is a traveling trophy that goes to either Minnesota or South Dakota depending on where the winning team lives. Pretty fun tournament if anyone is looking for a good time before the opener in Minnesota.

Fife
    Ramsey, MN

I’ve never fished it, but they get a good turnout every year. I hope the ice is off this year.

grainbelteyes
    Waconia

It is a great tourny. I’ve fished it every year since inception back in 2007. You can check it all out on their webpage http://www.bigstonewalleyeclub.com Right now only 65 teams are signed up but I think this is from teams having reservations that the ice wont be off by then. I would guess it will get close to full if not full once the ice is further along…

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

Hands down, Big Stone is the best tourney town in the midwest! Always had a good time fishing tourneys out there. The local business really treated us right.

-J.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.