Cabela’s National Walleye Tour

Looks like Cabela’s and Platinum Equity have stepped up to the plate and formed a circuit to take the place of the FLW Walleye Tour.

2013 Schedule (Tenative):

April 26-27 Red Wing, MN, Mississippi River

June 13-15 Port Clinton, OH, Lake Erie

July 12-13 Sturgeon Bay, WI, Green Bay

Championship Sept. 12-14 Devils Lake, ND

Here’s the website for more details. Link

At first glance, it looks like contingencies will be increased for Ranger, Triton and Stratus owners and entry fees will be increase slightly.

cshurtleff
    Northeast Iowa

I wonder if this will be the same weekend as the Lake Pepin Open next year also?

Chad

jimsiewert

Yes it is. The Lake Pepin Open is is the 27th & 28th (Sat. and Sun.). Looks like the “other one” is Friday and Saturday. Still awaiting DNR permits, but cannot imagine we would not get one as this is the 27th Annual LPO!!

Jimmy Siewert

gonecribbin
    reads landing MN

Quote:

Yes it is. The Lake Pepin Open is is the 27th & 28th (Sat. and Sun.). Looks like the “other one” is Friday and Saturday. Still awaiting DNR permits, but cannot imagine we would not get one as this is the 27th Annual LPO!!

Jimmy Siewert

Should get it Jimmy, they ran the flw and mtt on the same weekend this year. Just wont get to fish Katrina on saturday

jimsiewert

That is why on out permits we always leave at 6:30 for a starting time!!

huskerdu

No more FLW after 2012?

glenn-d
    N C Illinois

Also note that those dates are not set in stone yet. They are subject to change. I believe their Championship conflicts with the MWC Cass Lake event right now. So there could be some date changes.

Although I like the schedule, i am optimistic that some of the dates will revised. If the goal is to gain the most participation possible, than the events cannot interfere with other previously scheduled events.

jimsiewert

As an FYI I did reach out to the new organization to let them know that the LPO was the same weekend and that we would work with them to ensure a safe environment for both tournaments if their schedule does not change.

Jim Siewert

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.