2012 Full Throttle Championship on Minnetonka

• mwalters503
    Minnesota

Hey Guys,
    Full Throttle announced the Championship location for this year is Lake Minnetonka on October 13th. You will have to fish in 3 of the 4 qualifying events to be eligible for the Championship (2 Mississippi pools 3/4/5 and 2 Mille Lacs).

wes_bergemann
    Crystal, MN

now that is excellent. When was the last time a walleye tourney was held on Minnetonka?

mwalters503
    Minnesota

Not sure. Last time I was a part of one was when I was like 10 and my parents were fishing an original MWC or PWT event there.

Should be awesome. Trophy bass and walleye location and should bring a whole added metro group into the circuit.

mille-lacs-guy
    Chaska, MN

In 2005 there was a Minnesota Walleye Trail event held on Tonka. It was in May and there were 75 boats. My partner and I got 2nd place.

james_walleye
    rochester, mn

Having to fish 3 of 4 events to fish the championship is really going to limit the interest in Minnetonka. Doesnt matter if there is interest from the metro if they have to travel to fish 3 of 4 events on Mille Lacs and the Miss. I cant see there being much of a boat count at all for that championship. I think the thought process on going with having to fish 3 out of 4 is to force people to fish more of the tourneys to be able to fish the championship, but IMO its going to have the opposite effect. I’d like to see a format where there is 4 tourneys at 4 different locations and then a championship wherever you want it. Top so many in points get to fish the championship. Seems to me you would see a heck of a lot more interest if something like this were done.

Quintin Biermann

Hi Guys, Alot of time work has been done to our circuit this year and I hope you take the time to look it over. There are quite a few guys who do not consider Mille Lacs, Mississippi River, Minnetonka a long drive from each other. In fact I read alot of their reports on this site and to tell you the truth they are very good. So if you like Mille Lacs, Mississippi River, or the Twin Cities Minnetonka it is all good. Yes, our goal is to get more boats and if we can get your help I think you will find a nice circuit with a great group of guys fishing it. For a greater cause… We increased our payout recently with the addition of the new bonus program , have a neat premiere team program now, and we have a nice referral program that rewards the guys who help full throttle. All benefitting the tournament angler and trying to improve everyday. We are listening. The reason for having Tonka is that it is a nuetral location between Mille Lacs and Mississippi River. The reason for 3/4 tourneys is to make our circuit as fair as possible and increase potential boat numbers. Yes.
    Check out our website for details if you get a chance at wwwFtfishing.com .
    Looking forward to seeing you all on the water. Hope you fish with us. Let me know what you think at [email protected].
    Good Fishing and God Bless,
    Mark Schutz
    Full Throttle Fishing
    [email protected]

292-sparky
    White Bear Lake, MN

Whats the story on the NTC bids this year? I know the number will fluctuate, but it sure would be nice to know how they will be handed out BEFORE the season starts.

Quintin Biermann

Hey John. I would have to agree. NTC bids have typically been told to Full Throttle after the season is over. Good question

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.