Chris Hanson….CONGRATS!!

• mike-g
    Bloomington,MN

Chris Hanson (hanson)takes 1st place “co” in the FLW – Lake Oahe tournament!! Awesome job, hanson!!

sandmannd

Awesome, way to go Chris!!!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Finally! You’ve taken everything I’ve taught you and put it to use.

Seriously, congrates Mr. Breakoff!!

dan-thiem
    Zumbro Falls Mn.

Congrats!!

walleyeben
    Albertville,MN

Congrats!!!!!

john_steinhauer
    p4

Quote:

Finally! You’ve taken everything I’ve taught you and put it to use.

Congrats!! Don’t be afraid to let everyone know that BK taught you all your walleye secrets……he is one of the best walleye guides I know!!

hanson

Wow!

You know… I’ve watched and been a BIG fan of walleye tournament fishing over the last 3 years and seen a good number of guys associated with the site here to have success on the tournament trail.

High fives go out, Congrats are in order as well as Way to Go’s! I’m usually one of those guys giving the congrats and way to go! Shoe is on the other foot this time around.

I know I’m “just” a Co-Angler on the FLW but winning a tournament… PERIOD, is special.

The thought has crossed my mind (winning), but I never really ever believed I could win one of these as a Co-Angler. It takes a combination of a lot of things- the right “Pro” draws, them being on fish, them having a good day, the Co working well in the boat, and everything going right for 3 days while fishing with 3 different guys.

BK gives me a lot of crap about becoming a “walleye guy” but I just love fishing. I pretty much dedicated my summers to the flathead catfish (and catfishing in general) for 5 years straight.

Awhile ago, I fished the Cat’s Incredible Catfish Tournament in Grand Forks, ND on the Red River and had an absolute blast. The tourney is 150 two man teams on the Red. Its crazy, its a zoo, its very popular, and very difficult to win. I love this tournament and couldn’t get enough of it. Unfortunately there aren’t a lot of options regionally for the catfisherman looking for well run tournaments… there aren’t any, the Cat’s Incredible is it. The only game in town.

I wanted more and thats why I started fishing the FLW and its been full steam ahead ever since. I love it!! And fishing with these guys all over the place has opened my mind to walleye fishing like I never knew before.

The majority of us Minnesotans are walleye deprived, even though we live amongst some of the best walleye water around. Put down the jigs, put down the Lindy rigs, and learn some new techniques!!

I fished with Chase Parsons on Saturday using a technique ya’ll will be hearing about in the future. I can’t talk about it but good Lord, did we hammer the fish with it!!

As a Co-Angler… I have to Thank my pro angler partners for their contribution to this. Gary Maher and I put a 30″ 10lb+ Monster in the box 10 minutes into the first day, Paul Meleen and I put an unbelievable limit of slots and a couple nice overs together to put me in first place, and then I fished with Chase Parsons who executed his pattern to perfection on the final day and we were sitting at the dock by 11:30am.

Just an unbelievable experience and something I’ll never, ever forget. Seriously… I was in Chase Parsons boat when he won his first major walleye tournament. You would not believe how proud Gary was. Congrats goes out to those guys and I can’t believe I was a part of it!

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

Well done, Congrats!

-J.

farmboy1
    Mantorville, MN

Way to go Hanson

Fantastic win

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

I might have given you some crap…but that’s what it was…and I’m sure as ‘ell glad you’re having fun no matter what fish you’re chasing.

I’m not taking anything away from the Pro’s Chris…but it was you that put the fish in the boat.

BTY…don’t you owe me some money?? J/K

Fife
    Ramsey, MN

Congrats!

I kick around the idea every year about jumping back into the FLW as a co-angler. I had a blast when I fished those tournaments, and something about competing but not having to make the tough decisions makes the experience even more fun.

Having a good co-angler in the boat makes a big difference. I think it helps the pro relax a little and having someone who can catch fish especially in a live bait bite is always helpful. A little luck never hurts as a co-angler, but doing everything you can do to make the best of a day makes a huge difference as well.

2iceman
    Gem Lake, Minnesota

Congrats again. I was fortunate to fish with KK in the tourney, man do you learn a lot from these guys!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.